cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I pause my plan? Going on vacation for a month

shaobabyful
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I will be out of the country from beginning of August and will be back on the 20th of August. My current renewal date is July 31, 2017. I heard things about you can not pay for up to 90 days and be kept active on PM. If I were to not pay for my renewal on July 31 then could I wait till Aug 20 to pay for that renewal and continue with my plan? 

5 REPLIES 5

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

The only viable option is removing auto pay and taking a small hit on the rewards front.  Using the lost phone option is not a good idea because there is no lost phone and there nothing gained by lying.  Changing to a 30 day plan makes no sense.  If the change is applied immediately, all money is lost right away and a new payment becomes due right away.  If future dated, you lose the legacy plan and still face the same issues with the plan going into suspension at renewal time.  

jt17g
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

you can just renew ur plan every 30 days, after that u can set up a cheap plan for a month and then so on...

You will almost certainly lose autopay rewards for your next billing cycle if you remove your credit card or disable autopay. However, you'll keep your voicemail active and you'll be able to take your messages by calling yourself from another phone line.

The other option is to enable the "lost/stolen" feature on the last day of your plan (make sure to do it before autopay quicks in). As soon as you enable it, your plan stops working (no calls, no text, no data, no voicemail at all). The next day, no autopay payment will be made. Then when you come back you can reactivate your account and you'll get the reward since autopay was never disabled.

With both of these options, be sure to never let your account inactive/lost/suspended for more than 89 days, because on the 90th day you'll lose your number, any available funds in your account and you'll need to order a new SIM and create a new account.

In the end, you need to decide if voicemail for up to 89 days (~20 in your case) is worth $3/$6 (depending if you renew for 30 days or 90 days)...

Ooops
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
Not sure but may loose $6 autopay bonus,

Please update us on your return how it worked

Samianauman
Mayor / Maire
Yes you can all you need to do remove your credit card information from autopay if its enabled and let it get expired after July 31st. Then top up again when you get back you have 90 days to renew to keep the same plan and number. As long you top up before 90 days you won't lose anything.
Thanks
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**
Need Help? Let's chat.