cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I order an e-sim and wait to activate it?

Kade009
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My new phone will be arriving in 2-3 weeks, but I don't want to miss out on the offer thats going on right now. Is there a way to buy a plan/order an e-sim or physical sim so I can secure the offer and wait to put it on my phone?

THANKS!!

4 REPLIES 4

@Kade009 wrote:

So if I buy the p-SIM and match the shipment time with my phone, it should work...

It will definitely work in that you control when to complete the activation.  Even if you have the p-SIM in hand, the system does not know that and so you can choose when to complete the activation.  

Kade009
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

So if I buy the p-SIM and match the shipment time with my phone, it should work...

@Kade009 , I think only the p-SIM option allows for activation to be completed when the SIM shipment arrives.  With e-SIM, I don't see how you can put the process on hold.  

slusagm
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

yes and no.  It is a bit trouble.  You have to use another phone to download the PM app, then subscribe with esim installed on that temporary phone first.  Once you get the new phone, you install PM app on the new phone and the get a new esim for that new phone

But I suggest you to just get a sim card first, activate it with the physical sim card ( you still need to download PM app to activate).  When your new phone is here, download PM app on the new phone and get the esim on the new phone 

Need Help? Let's chat.