cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls sent directly to voicemail and can't receive international texts

coldf34r
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am having an issue with my phone number. My number ported succesfully after 2 attempts from the csr. Now, I can only dial numbers and can only recieive some text messages(mostly local). Didn't receive any messages when I tried to setup whatsapp. All of my calls are sent directly to voicemail for some reason. Tried with two separate phones. What could be the problem?

Thanks in advance.

8 REPLIES 8

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

please remove your tel number, as this is a public forum.

best bet is to message your porting info to teh mods, include your old account number and your old account name exatly as found on bills. unfortunatley you will have to wait.

uses your old sim unil port is completed. if you have an old phone use both sims.

i think PM/telus  customers will go to the PM sim and rogers/bell go to to old sim

coldf34r

Ok, I found out I provided the wrong IMEI #. Would be nice if a mod could complete my porting. Don't really want to wait another 2 weeks to get a response. Thanks.

coldf34r

The texts are from other Public Mobile users. I  tried to change my number today and noticed there was an issue and my #  had failed to port ( that's what the message said)... Going to contact Petro Canada.

mimmo

that is strange....  I think your issues are beyond the forum. and you need a mod help.  have you contacted them for support? last i heard there was a 12 day backlog between sending a message and geting a reply.

did you check if your old sim still works? I know you said the port was complete but... also the texts  recieved from ontario, what network were they on?  

coldf34r

I only get local texts, within Ontario.

mimmo

do you get regular national texts?

coldf34r

I can login to my account with Petro Canada which means my account is probably active. Probably need to top up before I can make calls. How do I get out of Petro Canada? 

mimmo

honestly it sounds like an incomplete port.  

Are you getting your PM vociemail or your old provider?  

have you checked to see if your old sim card works?

Need Help? Let's chat.