cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls going to voicemail

jdoffe
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I've been having an issue where calls from certain numbers go to voicemail without ringing. As in their end rings but mine doesn't. They end up going to voicemail and leaving a message, which I then get a notification for. There in no record on my phone that they tried to call me, I have no issues calling them, they aren't a blocked number, and no error notice is given. I even checked my usage history and there is no record of their calls.

The extra weird part is that this is a new issue in the last few weeks, at least with this one particular number, and there were no issues before that. This may have happened sporadically in the past year and I thought I had just hit silence or something but is now a serious issue since the problem number is my employer.  

Things I've already tried:

- Made sure my phone was updated

- Restarted my phone 

- Made that number a contact

- Blocked and then unblocked said number

- Submitted a help ticket

At this point I don't know if its a phone issue or a service issue but im really not sure what else I could even do with the phone. Hoping the collective community wisdom might have an answer.

5 REPLIES 5

e55meg
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey I have this problem too!

Sometimes call rings but sometimes no record in log and just a voicemail.

Will check back here.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Do you have another phone you can put the sim in.  This will help isolate network vs hardware.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@jdoffe perhaps also try:

• Open Settings, and then swipe to and tap Apps. Select or search for the app you want to clear. Tap Storage, and then tap Clear cache. 
  • Perform a Reset of your device's Network Settings.

This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you've used before.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@jdoffe - check to see if you have your settings selected in your calling app to only receive calls from those people who exist on your contact list only.

If this is selected, either turn this off, or add those numbers you are missing to your contact list.

Are you able to try your SIM into another phone to see if the issue persists?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@jdoffe   it could be a network issue.  There are a lot more posts about incoming calls issues today.  

You can try to change your network to 3G only or WCDMA only and see if it works any better

And also try to reseat the sim (power off, take sim out for a minute before putting it back and power up)

it's ok if it still not working, as this is more like a network issue than your own problem.  Wait and see what PM support comes back with.

Need Help? Let's chat.