cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling and texting

hazemyboy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I can’t call or text and can’t receive calls or texts. I have not changed my number nor is my phone on airplane mode. My payment went through this past Saturday and I was able to use my phone. Last day and a half I have not been able to receive texts or calls nor have I been able to place any? What should I do. I’ve had this phone for years and never had any problems like this with the service. 

43 REPLIES 43

@hazemyboy   on the phone screen, the status on top, do you see it connected to PM network? or does it show not connected at all?

Turn off Wifi and enable Mobile Data,  see if you can access any webpage 

Try changing your phone's preferred network type to 3G Only and see if the phone connects to PM network.

If you don't know where to change the preferred network type, let us know and we can walk you through

hazemyboy

It doesn’t even connect for me there is no dile tone nothing it just constantly says connecting but never connects 

hazemyboy

I don’t know what that is I talked to the bot guy on public mobile.ca and he told me to come here 

pmva
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@hazemyboy wrote:

I have restarted my phone multiple times and  I can not connect through for calling *611 

Interesting.  I've never called 611 myself but tried it now.  I don't get any IVR response, but I get a text thanking me for contact the IVR and says I can visit the my account on the web.

Is the 611 IVR working working for anyone else?

hazemyboy

I do not own another phone 

Have a look at devicecheck.ca to rule that out.

Can you try out the other suggestions in all the replies.

hazemyboy

Am logged in don’t own a credit card and data is working. So litterly just the service 

hazemyboy

Data and all still works just service isn’t working 

hazemyboy

I have restarted my phone multiple times and  I can not connect through for calling *611 

hazemyboy

I can’t even connect for phone calls it wont connect even for *611

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

How about data? (not wifi)

What recording do you get when you dial 611? Did you possibly deal with a credit card problem recently? Can you login to the account?

pmva
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@hazemyboy Have you tried a simple restart of your phone?  What happens when you call 611 from your phone?

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@hazemyboy  Can you try the SIM card in another phone  and see if services work or try network setting on 3G 

Need Help? Let's chat.