cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling Location

BPrior
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

When I got my phone, I was living near Belleville.  I used Bell telephone.  When people got a call from me it said the call was from Belleville.  I moved from Belleville and also moved from Bell (notice my obsession with the word “Bell”) to PM.  I ported over my number.

While no longer living anywhere near Belleville, my phone still shows location as being Belleville.  The area code is for Belleville.

I suspect there is no way to change this without changing my number, but figured I would ask.

Any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4

@Goodlife062404 wrote:

You are using a Belleville area code. 

Area code doesn't determine the city of the phone number.  From the dicussion earlier, you also have to look at the 3 digits after the area code. The area code for Belleville is the same as many other locations, many of which are long distance from Belleville.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

yup.. the 3 digits after the area code  eg, 613-967-xxxx, 967 in this case tied to the area and this is how phone company determine the Long Distance charge.  There is no way to make it "relocate".  

Your only choice is to change phone number, but this would be tough if you have been using this number for some time.

Goodlife062404
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Good evening!

You are using a Belleville area code. 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@BPrior...you're correct..the area code (and first 3 digits) are associated with the province / city where you started your PM account. You'd have to get a new number if it's a problem for you.

edit

Need Help? Let's chat.