cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Callers get a busy signal and my phone doesn't ring. Why?

yzyyz
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello:

I was told by many of my friends that when they call me my phone is always busy and goes to voice mail on the first dial. My phone doesn't ring, it just show missed call. When they call again the second time it rings.

10 REPLIES 10

JS
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I had this issue when I ported my phone a few months back from Rogers to Fido (I wasn't with Public Mobile yet). All I had to do was a reboot - turn off my phone for at least 2 minutes and then turn it back on again.

THEAVS

99% chance its an iPhone issue. Go to settings->do not disturb, check the "Allow Calls From" setting. It needs to be set to everyone. Its probably set to favourites.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @yzyyz

Can you please try your SIM in another unlocked device and compare the behaviour?

Don't hesitate to send me your phone number via private message!

Thank you,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Mary_M could I ask you to please have a look at @yzyyz's situation?  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

yzyyz
I noticed it since the first week of October. I have rebooted my phone and took my SIM card and put it back in. It happen in many places.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@yzyyz how long has this been going on?  Have you rebooted your phone recently?  Does it only happen when you are in certain physical locations, or does it happen in many places?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

yzyyz

@bakedcorn wrote:

Sounds like a possible porting issue.

Have you recently signed up with PM and how recently?

Was your previous account in good order i.e. balance paid in full etc?

Sorry for the grammar, currently switching between windows from the office.

Hi, thank you for your reply, my phone was portted over 6 months. This problem happened like a month ago.

yzyyz

Iphone 4S

bakedcorn

Sounds like a possible porting issue.

Have you recently signed up with PM and how recently?

Was your previous account in good order i.e. balance paid in full etc?

Sorry for the grammar, currently switching between windows from the office.

THEAVS

What model of phone?

Need Help? Let's chat.