cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone account suspended prior to end of billing period

gweitzen
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Had a problem with phone being deactivated at 5 pm on last day of billing period. Online check showed  the account had active status, but no calls could be made or received. Callers received busy signal, and later told callers that account was deactivated due to being in arrears.  Calling out said server error and would not complete the call.

Account has pre-authorized payment with valid credit card, and I even manually added funds to try and fix.  Nothing worked.  Even tried moving the sim to another phone.  

The phone is working this morning.  Apparently the automatic payment went through as scheduled when the new billing period started this morning.

Anyone else ever had their phone disconnected before the end of the billing period, or am I just super unlucky.

7 REPLIES 7

lrobic

same thing happened to me yesterday ( March 6) so I freaked out and put an extra 60$ on my account even though I have auto pay. I work on call so this type of disruption is costly and unacceptable. 

gweitzen

Started working in the morning, with no interventions by PM. Payment was processed as per normal early in the morning when the plan autorenewed

gweitzen

I like your term self healing.  Sounds like the exact same glitch. Phone worked perfectly in the morning once the renewal had processed.  Hopefully Public Mobile can figure out what is happening in their system and stop it from happening.

@softech wrote:

@gweitzen   PM is running on a 30 days cycle.  But the "curren plan cycle" showing on My Account is confusing

E.g, you might see

Current Plan Cycle: Feb 01, 2023 - Mar 3, 2023

and You should see:

Amount Due: Mar 3 2023

What it really meant is the cycle in fact goes from Feb 1st to Mar 2 11:59 PM EST

So, you need to pay before Mar 3 if you are paying manually.

Or if you have Autopay enabled, PM's autopay will try to get money from your credit card shortly after  March 3, 00:00 AM EST

But Autopay could fail, could be an credit card problem or could be PM issue.  So, if there is any payment problem from Autopay, account will suspended after March 3 5AM EST. 

To resume service, you will need to make a manual payment

I assume you had a Autopay issue and you got mixed up with the Cycle period as my example above.

Please login to My Account, click Reactivate my plan and follow the steps to make manual payment.

Or you can using *611 to make a payment if you know the 4 digits pin

E2-Suspended-Reactivate_Watermarked.jpg

I think this one was calling bug exacerbated by upcoming renewal rather than renewal failure.  

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@gweitzen , I experienced the same issue on the evening before renewal.  The following morning after renewal completion, calling appeared to self heal.  It appears that renewal is exacerbating a calling glitch that is affecting some customers.  

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@gweitzen   PM is running on a 30 days cycle.  But the "curren plan cycle" showing on My Account is confusing

E.g, you might see

Current Plan Cycle: Feb 01, 2023 - Mar 3, 2023

and You should see:

Amount Due: Mar 3 2023

What it really meant is the cycle in fact goes from Feb 1st to Mar 2 11:59 PM EST

So, you need to pay before Mar 3 if you are paying manually.

Or if you have Autopay enabled, PM's autopay will try to get money from your credit card shortly after  March 3, 00:00 AM EST

But Autopay could fail, could be an credit card problem or could be PM issue.  So, if there is any payment problem from Autopay, account will suspended after March 3 5AM EST. 

To resume service, you will need to make a manual payment

I assume you had a Autopay issue and you got mixed up with the Cycle period as my example above.

Please login to My Account, click Reactivate my plan and follow the steps to make manual payment.

Or you can using *611 to make a payment if you know the 4 digits pin

E2-Suspended-Reactivate_Watermarked.jpg

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@gweitzen - others have been unlucky too unfortunately. 

Perhaps you are affected by this: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Resolved-Service-Impacts/td-p/955119

All is working this morning now though?

­­­

Need Help? Let's chat.