cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call forwarding

kschnare
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm wondering who would vote for an Add-on to include call forwarding when you suspend your account for <90 days so you can keep your phone number in something of a good standing ? 

Further, does anyone know if this is technically feasible? 

10 REPLIES 10

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@gblackma wrote:

@kschnare once you aren't on a limited minute plan, you can do it now at no additional cost. Keep your plan active and follow the steps in this article. Stay safe.  https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/call-forwarding

@gblackma wrote:

@kschnare you did notice the part in my answer about the plan having to be active to forward the calls  right? You can't forward calls on a suspended plan. 

@gblackma here's the problem: you buried the lead in your first reply.  You did say keep the plan active but before that you said you can already do this.  Your first reply was misleading.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Triguy wrote:

You can park your phone#.

https://www.numberbarn.com/number-parking

@Triguy this is actually the exact opposite of what @kschnare is asking for.  They want to be able to keep their number at PM, activate call forwarding to another number, and then let the PM plan go into suspension and have the forwarding still work.  They want to do this in order to be able to try out another provider. More here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/Staying-with-PM/m-p/571471

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@kschnare you did notice the part in my answer about the plan having to be active to forward the calls  right? You can't forward calls on a suspended plan. And PM is unlikely to ever allow you to do it. @computergeek541 's answer is the one that incorporates mine is the right answer to your post. Please use the 3 dots on the top right of your post to remove the solution and to assign it to that one. Stay safe. 

@gblackma wrote:

@kschnare once you aren't on a limited minute plan, you can do it now at no additional cost. Keep your plan active and follow the steps in this article. Stay safe.  https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/call-forwarding

Call forwarding cannot be used on a suspended account, no matter which plan hasn't yet been renewed. kschnare wants to be able to use that without paying for a plan at the moment.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Hi

What happens when you don't pay your office is that your service gets suspended and nothing works including any add-ons. Bell used to offer something like that on the landlines when you couldn't take your number with your after moving and y were forced to change your number. They would be playing that message for 60 days.

Also people today are different, they will not want a message playing reciting their new number, people will not answer the phone if they don't know the number of even answer unless you sent sms first announcement of your call. When they change their number they sent your am sms to subset of their contacts

Many have been calling on Publicmobile to offer a plan for parking and away, but it like like they are really not interested in it. Most of the dance that happens around here is with lucky and somewhat with chatr. Even freedom is not considered serious competitor

I think It would be beneficial for public to actually have a plan that competes with number parking and doesn't qualify for say rewards. You can park your number for $2, someplace your can even specify forwarding. What public would get is good numbers, less people leaving.

If you want to keep your number forever I would suggest fongo, one tone payment and it's yours to use it forward for free

@kschnare 

This is not feasible. You cannot use any add-ons without a plan. Assuming that it was possible, I can't see Public Mobile wishing to offer this.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@kschnare , it would be a waste of time to vote for it.  It will never happen.  Add-ons are exactly that; an add-on to an active account.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kschnare wrote:

I'm wondering who would vote for an Add-on to include call forwarding when you suspend your account for <90 days so you can keep your phone number in something of a good standing ? 

Further, does anyone know if this is technically feasible? 

It isn't an active account but you can keep your phone number. It just stops working for non-payment. But you get that 90 day grace to restart.

I would say it's all technically feasible. Would a prepaid company want to do that? Why would they?

Pay for 30 days, it suspends, oh but look you can still "receive" incoming calls. Before 90 days is up, restart for another 30 days. No I don't think any business would want to do that.

I'll vote yes to your question of course but I would say it's another thing of why would they like with the prior thread about a texting add-on.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

Need Help? Let's chat.