cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call forward

mixim10
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello

Does the new 15 gigs 4g $40 plan allow us to call forward to another phone number?  If so, how do we do this?

4 REPLIES 4

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

@mixim10Good to see you found the call forwarding help article. Those codes work with any phone -- any menu options android/iPhone has for these are merely just sending those codes under the hood anyway It's nice that unlimited call forwarding (to any Canadian number) is included for free with Public Mobile, compared the postpaid plans with Koodo or Telus Mobility, which charge another $5/mo or 50c/min to use that feature. I believe call forwarding may not be available at all with the other main prepaid brands Lucky (Bell) and Chatr (Rogers).

Just keep in mind that if you are by chance travelling to the USA while your phone is forwarded without a roaming plan, that the forwarding will stop working as soon as it registers to a USA tower. It's best to just leave the phone at home or remove the SIM entirely if you will be in the USA while you are away.

mixim10

I have an iPhone - but I just want to be able to answer my cell# on a VOIP line while I am away.

mixim10

Seems like I can answer my own question --LOL

Has anyone tried these features? I'm heading to the US and want to forward my phone number.

Screen Shot 2022-11-05 at 8.22.18 AM.png

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@mixim10 

Call-forward settings are device specific.

Tap your calling app on your device - depending on make/model, there should be call forwarding options presented there for you to peruse.

If you cannot locate them, use any available search feature within your settings app.   They may also be listed as "other calling services" or "supplementary calling services".

Need Help? Let's chat.