cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CS_agent

Mitchvdb
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I moved back in May and needed a service provider that was close to my new location. I transferred to Rogers. The port of my phone # did not work and Rogers blamed Public Mobile and I would have to contact you guys to get it worked out. As this is always a hassle as we can not speak to anyone, I decided to keep the temporary # that Rogers gave me. I was pretty sure I did log in and stop my account with Public Mobile, but apparently not! I am on a auto pay every three months and so wouldn't notice right away. It isn't like I keep trying to get into my online account or anything.... so now there is a credit card charge for 3 months of service I didn't use. Had the port over worked properly this would not have happened. I am requesting a refund of the last charge and also want my account deactivated. 

6 REPLIES 6

You can private message CS_Agent and request a refund for the reasons you stated. However, since it is prepaid and they may not have had an error on their end(if the porting text was sent out properly) it would be in their discretion. If your new 3 months just started up they may do it as a gesture of goodwill either way I would shut off autopay and then remove your card so you can avoid this going forward. 

Mitchvdb
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

you really need to read what I posted. Shortly after I switched I contacted Rogers and they said that the # did not port properly and I could either get in touch with Public Mobile, which is a real pain the ass by the way, or use my temporary phone # that I received from Rogers. I decided to use my temporary phone # and honestly thought that I disabled my public mobile acct. The only way I new that it wasn't disabled is when the cc was charged again. I am on a 3 month auto pay plan, so only get charged every 3 months. I have been on that for years. There has been no GB used the last 3 months on the acct. I will be pissed if they do not refund me and the rest of the family will go as well. 

Meow
Mayor / Maire

So porting did not worked as expected. Why wait for 3 months then?

You should talk to Rogers to send another porting request to PM. You HAVE to keep PM SIM in your phone and reply Yes withing 90 minutes or porting will not work.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Mitchvdb  - this is normal, if you did not remove your payment method before you tried to port and then the port failed.

It is likely you missed a text from public mobile to approve the port over to Rogers. If that is the case, it is really on you to leave that public mobile sim card in the phone to wait for that text so the port completes. But since the port did not complete and Autopay was still registered, the system worked as it should have.

I know it is unfortunate. But, you can log into My Account right now and disable autopay if you have access to your online account. Otherwise see other posts to submit a ticket to a CSA.

edit to add...an account will close automatically after 90 days. of nonpayment or if the number is ported (successfully) to another provider.

MrSpock
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Mitchvdb 

you will need a customer service agent,

you will need to open a ticket, to speak to a customer service agent    Click here or if you are having issues with Simon you can send private message to a CS Agent here:  https://bit.ly/2GGCJzH

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@Mitchvdb 

contact to support team by CS_Agent 

Need Help? Let's chat.