cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CS_Agent

Thanhnguyen1234
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello There

i just tranfer to public mobile today and my phone still insert sask tel simcard so do i need to insert public mobile sim card. Because when i insert Sasktel simcard i can call someone and someone can call me but when i insert public mobile i can call to someone but if someone call me it doesn’t work. So can you let me know when it successful to transfer and also do i need to insert sasktel sim or i have to insert public mobile can you let me know which one i have to insert and they will transfer for me. And how do i know it successful tranfer can you let me know . Thank you very much

11 REPLIES 11

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Thanhnguyen1234 

If you replied to the text with YES with the Sask Tel SIM in your phone…the old SIM will continue to work for about 2 hours until porting is completed.

Once it stopped working then power off the phone and switch to the PM SIM and power on your phone.

@Thanhnguyen1234 wrote:

Okay I did that step already.

so can you check does my phone number ready to use. Is it Suscesfull

@Thanhnguyen1234 , we can’t do that for you. You’re posting this on a public/open Community Forum to other Customers. We are all Customers here that help each other when we are able to but we do not work for Public Mobile.

You would need to send a private message to a CS_Agent to do that for you!

You can send a private message to a CS_Agent using the link: ->   https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Customer Support Agents are available from:

• Monday to Sunday: 9 AM to 10 PM EST

A CS_Agent will respond back in your Community mailbox (envelope icon) at the top right of this page to the left of your community avatar on your computer or by clicking on your avatar on your device.

Private Mailbox

Edit: @Handy1 sent you a private message to your Community mailbox 1 hour ago with a phone number to call for help with your stuck phone number port!

Hi @Thanhnguyen1234 

We are ALL customers just like you. Nobody from Public Mobile works on these boards. I do not have access to Public Mobile systems nor does anyone else here. There are a TON of us here who are very knowledgeable and volunteer to help other members. Hang tight as it will be completed soon. Just keep your Sasktel SIM card in there until you no longer see their name in the corner. Once the name is gone, make a test call. If you can no longer make calls using your Sasktel SIM card, then the port is successful and you then can put your Public Mobile SIM card in. Shut the phone off, trade SIM cards but DO NOT throw out the Sasktel SIM just in case you need it for some reason. Once the PM SIM card is in, reboot and enjoy the ride!

Hi @Thanhnguyen1234 

So, your Sasktel SIM card is still in the phone correct? Do you see Sasktel in the top corner? If so, do a test call to see if it still works. You also have to realize it's the weekend and it may take a bit longer to port over your number. I'd wait a few hours to see what happens. If it's not ported by tomorrow, you can check your private messages in the top right corner for the porting number. Don't use it just yet as weekend ports can take a bit longer as there are less staff on the weekends than weekdays. Don't worry, things will be fixed. And once they are, you'll be saving money in no time!!

Thanhnguyen1234

can you check does my phone number ready to use to call someone and someone can call me is it suscesful

Thanhnguyen1234

They send me a message and I did reply yes 

Thanhnguyen1234

Okay I did that step already.

so can you check does my phone number ready to use. Is it Suscesfull

Thanhnguyen1234

Yes I did reply yes

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@Thanhnguyen1234 , did you do these steps below to approve the porting request from Sasktel to port your phone number to Public Mobile?

Porting Phone # in

For additional security, your previous service provider (Sasktel) will send a text to validate the transfer request. Follow the instructions in the message within 90 minutes by replying YES to approve the number transfer. Your old SIM Card (Sasktel) must be inside your device and your account with your previous provider (Sasktel) must still be active so you can receive and respond to the SMS and authorize the request. Please do not replace your old SIM Card (Sasktel) with your Public SIM Card until you have responded to this message. After your phone # successfully transfers your account with your previous provider (Sasktel) will permanently close.

After doing this you can turn off your phone, remove your Sasktel SIM Card from your phone & insert your Public Mobile SIM Card. Turn on your phone, reset your network settings & reboot.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Thanhnguyen1234 

Have you requested to port over your number from Sasktel? If so, did you get a text message from Sasktel asking permission? Did you say YES? 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Thanhnguyen1234  There a number for live support will send you it private message and they can re trigger the port request 

Need Help? Let's chat.