cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CPO Phones

Come on Public.... You can do better than this!

https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/phone-section

5 REPLIES 5

@Korth wrote:

The one-year warranty disappoints me.

"What's not covered" includes: water damage, spills, moisture/corrosion, neglect/abuse, drops, broken screen, broken flip, broken plastics, broken internals, broken charge port.

So exactly what does it cover? Anything more than manufacturer defects?

Carrirers aren't likely to cover anything other than manufactuerer defects unless someone purchases some type of extended warranty that includes accidental breakage or some type device proetection plan.

I'm guessing these phones are basically Telus/Koodo overstock - unsold leftovers, display pieces, store/employee phones, returns/refurbs, and other stray units - all collected and sold in one place?

If so, then I'm surprised they're priced so high. It's not reasonable to expect "older" or "lesser" phone to sell at the same prices they could once command. Customers will compare them against other devices within the same price, specs, or fashion categories - and customers will reject them when they find better deals on other selections which fit those parameters.

The one-year warranty disappoints me.

"What's not covered" includes: water damage, spills, moisture/corrosion, neglect/abuse, drops, broken screen, broken flip, broken plastics, broken internals, broken charge port.

So exactly what does it cover? Anything more than manufacturer defects?

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Well, the phone's aren't subsidized by the monthly plans, since this is a prepaid service.

@kb_mv Public trying something new is a good thing, but I agrree, the prices are not going to be seen as favorably by customers. On a good note, the general consensus of Telus's CPO devices is them being almost in new condition.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@computergeek541 wrote:

Come on Public.... You can do better than this!

https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/phone-section

@computergeek541 $300 plus tax seems way too much to pay for a Pixel 2! If they want to get into the phone market at least do it in a meaningful way.

Need Help? Let's chat.