nadasimonhara
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

DID YOU RECEIVED MY PREVIOUS EMAIL FEW MINUTES AGO? 4.20PM AUGUST 21

AUTORIZATION 941165

9 REPLIES 9

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@nadasimonhara 

All communication with public mobile customer support is done through your private messaging box located at the top right corner of your screen next to your avatar it's the little envelope icon you should see a little number pop up on it indicating a reply from a customer support agent. Click or tap on the envelope icon for your private messages to come up and you can reply to the customer support agent from there they will not reply to you directly to your email.

@nadasimonhara 

Do you know how to access your own self-serve account? If you do you can make this request yourself by going to the change number feature in your self serve account. After which you enter the full name on your Rogers account, the Rogers account number and your phone number and you submit that request. Then you put the Rogers SIM card in your phone and when they send you the PAT (porting authorization text) you reply YES within 90 minutes of receiving it.

If you no longer have your Rogers SIM card you can phone Rogers and verbally authorized the port request immediately after submitting your change (port) number request. Once you reply YES to authorize the port request you can take the Rogers SIM card out of your phone and put the public mobile SIM card back in the phone.

Once your phone number is completely ported over to public mobile your Rogers SIM card will no longer work, and your Rogers account will automatically be closed. Your final bill with Rogers will be prorated for the amount of days you've used (had active service) in this billing month.

Now you can test out your public mobile service by calling your older son and asking for him to call you back to make sure you're getting your incoming calling with your old Rogers phone number. When you answer the phone you can then scold him for not finishing the job and he owes you dinner at a nice restaurant!

Edit:

To verbally authorize the port request call Rogers at : 1 877 327 8503

Welcome to public mobile!

oops, you have 2 posts going @nadasimonhara . Try to keep your question in the same thread, so you can be best assisted.

If you have activated a new account and transferred over from another provider, note that incoming calls are usually the last to port over.

Cell ports can take 2-3 hours. Use the previous provider's SIM card to receive the porting transfer text for approval to port to port over to Public Mobile and to receive calls from until port is complete.

You mentioned in your other post about an email sent within the hour? Was that a response to a ticket or the activation email?? Is the Rogers account still active? It will need to be if the number did not port over.

Maybe submit a ticket with Public Mobile representatives (CSA) for help; click this link for issues with transfer/porting of phone numbers over to Public Mobile.

See helpful info. here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @nadasimonhara

you had another post about your porting issue.  I think it has been 30 days since your last porting request and hence PM gave you a random  number.  Check your other post for my reply

@nadasimonhara 

ensure that you have received a validation SMS text from your previous service provider, and that you have followed the instructions in the message within 90 minutes to approve the number transfer.
Your old SIM card must be inside your device and your account with your previous provider must still be active so you can receive and respond to the SMS and authorize the request. Please do not replace your old SIM card with your Public SIM until you have responded to this message SMS reply YES
To given the approval to transfer your old number to new provider.

maybe you miss it then contact support team by CS_Agent  to them can check it out your porting in maybe the processing not complete yet.

Hi @nadasimonhara  for porting from Rogers you have to reply YES to a Rogers text to your Rogers sim card with 90 mins after you got it. 

You likely missed that and passed 30 days so PM assigned you a new number.  You have to ask your son to help youb to re-request porting again.   He just need to do it in My Account.   Please not that you are still paying Rogers at thos point.  So, do it quick to save $

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@nadasimonhara  - we are all customers and members like you here on the community forum.

Are you porting over to public mobile from another provider, or did you request to change your current public mobile phone number through your My Account ?

nadasimonhara
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

As I am a senior my older son helped me with choosing Public for my cell phone. I am now with you (paid / have account ... 3823. I don't what happened but Public gave me new telephone # ...0718 but my request had been to keep my old # from Rogers.  As per instructions I am now temporary back to Rogers and YOU have to contact Rogers tell them above After  Rogers will contact me in order to get my confirmation.

PS I hope my problem will be solved soon.

Thank you and regards Nada Simon-Hara 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@nadasimonhara , phone number change is by and large a self serve function.  Not sure what your mean by email?

Need Help? Let's chat.