cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CHANGE OLD LEGACY MONTHLY PLAN TO NEW 3 MONTH PLAN

Graeme
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I want to change my old legacy $48 monthly plan to a new 3 month plan. 

Yesterday I called *611 but could not connect with a PM employee. The website tells you to call *611 if you want to change your plan, and that is what I did, but was kept on hold for 13 minutes, and then I entered the subway, so the call was disconnected.

I renewed my old plan telephonically this morning, after the website software would not process my attempt to change my plan, or allow me make a payment.

I want to change my old legacy monthly plan to a new three monthly plan, with unlimited North America calling, global text and picture messaging, and 1.5GB of data at 4G speeds. According to the website, this costs $135 every three months, before taxes.

Please advise me how to implement this change of plan before my next payment is due on 23 February 2018.

9 REPLIES 9

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Graemewrote:

I contacted the call centre, and got to speak to a rep after waiting a few minutes, and the rep set up the new plan for me, and answered my questions, and also reset my voicemail password, and account pin. Thanks.

@Graeme happy to hear that!  Thanks for letting us know.  🙂

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

srlawren

wrote:

@srlawren  just going by what I hhave read that you need to call 611 and give confirmation that you are willing to lose the call center before you can switch.  even @ShawnC13 post says the same thing.

policies do change at PM without notifing the community so maybe they can.  @CS_Agent  can you clarify the process of switching from legasy to in-market plans.

@mimmo @ShawnC13 I forgot to follow up on this thread: I did reach out to the mods earlier this week and ask them, and they are able to help out people on legacy plans, including doing a plan change for them to an in-market plan.  So, this is a viable alternative to offer to people asking.  Cheers!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Graeme
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I contacted the call centre, and got to speak to a rep after waiting a few minutes, and the rep set up the new plan for me, and answered my questions, and also reset my voicemail password, and account pin. Thanks.

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

lol, guess having access to 611 is almost the same as not having access to it.

mimmo

@srlawren  just going by what I hhave read that you need to call 611 and give confirmation that you are willing to lose the call center before you can switch.  even @ShawnC13 post says the same thing.

policies do change at PM without notifing the community so maybe they can.  @CS_Agent  can you clarify the process of switching from legasy to in-market plans.

srlawren

@mimmo wrote:

From what i heard there is a long wait time for 611, this is just another confirmation.

Its too bad the acknolegement can't be done via private message via the mods, since they can help legasy customers already. 

ie

Applicant:  I want to change from legasy to plan x

Mod: you understand that you will loose phone support please confirm

Applicant: Yes i confirm by switching plans i will lose phone support

@mimmo are you sure that can't be done by the moderators?  I think it can--it's just that you can't do it yourself through self-serve.  I could be wrong here though.

closng
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@mimmo wrote:

From what i heard there is a long wait time for 611, this is just another confirmation.

Its too bad the acknolegement can't be done via private message via the mods, since they can help legasy customers already. 

ie

Totally agree with @mimmo, it's really too bad because from what I've been reading as well, the wait in line to speak with a CSR has been quite long...

mimmo

ie

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Graeme, unfortunately you will need to still call *611 and wait until you reach a CSR.  They are asking for people to do it this way so that they can be verbally told that they will no longer have access to the phone support and that this community will be the method of customer service for any future issues.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.