Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAN'T SUBSCIBE

jay_jay3
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

returning customer with new sim,prepaid visa,and will not accept

20 REPLIES 20

Oh I know. BUT... you will save a ton of money using this service. I've saved over $1000 in 5 years of being here. No more will I be overcharged by the big 3.

jay_jay3

thanks,I'll reach out and see what happens as this is a pain in the**s

No, I mean to sign up you need a real credit card. So use your buddies, with his permission of course... lol. Then once you're signed up and your phone is activated and ready to go, THEN send them a message asking the card information to be removed then you can add vouchers online or your phone or by dialing 611.

jay_jay3

don't have CC but have voucher

jay_jay3

thanks,message sent

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

PM does like pre-paid CC. You need REAL CC or voucher.

@jay_jay3 wrote:

ok thanks,as i don't have one,can i use a friend's card?

Hey @jay_jay3 

Good question. I don't see there being an issue with it. Then once you're sign up, reach out to a CS Agent via this link to have it removed and then moving forward you can use pre paid credit cards or vouchers.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

jay_jay3

ok thanks,as i don't have one,can i use a friend's card?

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hello @jay_jay3 

If you are starting up again as a brand new customer, you can't use a pre paid credit card to sign up. You need a real credit card to start. Once that is done and first payment is made and you're up and running, you can remove it if you choose and can use pre paid credit cards moving forward.

jay_jay3

have my old account but my old sim expired for nonuse

mnx

Normally I’d agree with you but their system is apparently crap???  Typically if my credit card gets denied I get a text message asking me to approve.  I didn’t get any such messages this time.  I just got an error right away.  I think their system is finicky.

jay_jay3

1-800 number tells me balance more than enough

jay_jay3

new sim,returning after about a year

@mnx wrote:

When I subscribed a few days ago, but credit card got denied 3 times (2 different cards) before the 4th time it worked for me.  Maybe just retry a couple times???

Trying multiple times can actually cause more issues. Not only will Public Mobile lock out the card if a customer tries numerous times, it's also possible that the card issuer security flag could be tripped renedering the card unusable.

jay_jay3

also tried the app and website

@jay_jay3 wrote:

interesting,so how is this done? bought sim at Telus store Edmonton

Are you trying to resume service on an existing Public Mobile account or is this a brand new Public Mobile account?

jay_jay3

interesting,so how is this done? bought sim at Telus store Edmonton

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@jay_jay3 

Are you using the PM app to activate?

You can’t activate the SIM online like the old days.

mnx

When I subscribed a few days ago, but credit card got denied 3 times (2 different cards) before the 4th time it worked for me.  Maybe just retry a couple times???

Need Help? Let's chat.