cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buying a new phone

msabeysekera
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Planning to switch the  sim card to a new phone (same sim card in a new phone).Also have a SIM unlock pin .

Question..  can I just eject the sim card from old phone and insert it in new phone and start using the new phone after unlocking the sim with my unlock pin ? 

Are there any additional steps?

Regards 

Manju

5 REPLIES 5

@msabeysekera   you have the SIM pin yourself? you should remove it:

How do I remove the PIN lock on my SIM card?

Enable or Disable SIM PIN Lock on Android Smartphones
  1. Click Settings.
  2. Select Security.
  3. Select Set up SIM card lock.
  4. Toggle the SIM card lock feature On or Off. You will be prompted to enter your SIM PIN.

Enable or Disable SIM PIN Lock on iPhone
  1. If you have an iPhone, go to Settings > Cellular > SIM PIN. If you have an iPad, go to Settings > Mobile Data > SIM PIN.
  2. Turn on your SIM PIN or turn it off.
  3. If asked, enter your SIM PIN. 
  4. Tap Done.

That's an option on the phone. I never bothered. You can turn it off. I'm fine with shape or fingerprint options on Android. Some people like the face recognition. I can't go that far. 🙂

msabeysekera
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Every time I shut down and restart the phone ,it asks for SIM unlock pin .If I get it wrong 3 times then I have to provide PUK #. I am away from home and do not have the PUK at the moment.  So worried that if I put the SIM card into a new phone that it would cause trouble. Of course I do remember the 4 digit SIM unlock PIN. Just to clarify my question. Thanks for helping with advice 

Regards

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Not sure exactly which sim pin you mean but yes. Turn off both phones. Remove sim, install sim, turn on new phone. Then you might want to transfer data from old to new but setting up the new might walk you through all that.

MrSpock
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@msabeysekera 
That should work ir there are any other problems just come back and we will try to help you out good luck

Need Help? Let's chat.