Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bullying in the forums

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

Bullying in the forums is against community TOS

Terms of Service 

The following activities are not tolerated in the Public Mobile Community. Any instances of these activities will be handled by a member of our Moderator team and may result in the removal of content, written warnings, and/or temporary or permanent bans from the Community. 

• Racism, bigotry, or hatred towards any group or individual
  • Threats of physical harm against any group or individual
  • Harm to minors
  • Harassment of another person
  • Solicitation of passwords, personal information, funds, goods/services
  • Advertising of other services for personal gain (including referral codes)
  • Impersonation of a person or business, including Public Mobile or our employees and agents
  • Aggressiveness or insults directed at a group or individual (should include snide remarks)
  • Profanity or an attempt at by-passing profanity filters

So, to whom do we report bullying in the forums?  Who do we call?  The Ghostbusters?

Asking for a friend 😁

RosieR

EDITED as tagging the oracles may not be allowed.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@RosieR@J_PM  is the new community manager if you feel your other reports/concerns have not been addressed

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Hi @RosieR 

I agree - and this SHOULD NOT happen.

To report a post which is against the TOS, click the 3 dots on the questionable post and select the "Report inappropriate content" option at the bottom of the list.

Hi @HALIMACS thank you for your reply.

I had reported some posts to the moderators and often times they say the posts were ok (really laughable!) maybe because they are not account-related, or without tagging the intended member and they don't see snide remarks as against the community TOS.

@RosieR 

Bullying should not be tolerated.  Every member should feel comfortable on the forum.  

You can report the actual message as described above.  Otherwise, you will need to contact the moderator team for a more detailed response.  

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@RosieR@J_PM  is the new community manager if you feel your other reports/concerns have not been addressed

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@Dunkman wrote:

@RosieR 

Bullying should not be tolerated.  Every member should feel comfortable on the forum.  

You can report the actual message as described above.  Otherwise, you will need to contact the moderator team for a more detailed response.  

@Dunkman thank you for your reply.  I had reported some posts that mods find snide remarks which were obviously directed to one member, as ok or say we are looking into it and then nothing.

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@ShawnC13 thank you so much!  This is awesome to know 🌹🌹🌹

Have a great weekend

RosieR

Who's bullying who? You keep denouncing and renouncing and belittling what many regulars post by claiming https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument_from_authority as a bludgeon weapon to raise their position and by you stating it, raising yours unjustifiably.

The Oracles are just like you and me...fellow customers. They have a slight bit of "moderator" power over the place and that's it. They are on the same level post-wise as many other old-timers still participating. And they're not perfect.

The moderators we know are inconsistent and can often be wrong on their messaging to customers.

So I'll take posts from knowledgeable keen members here any day of the week. I'll even sit up and focus when they post...particularly those that don't post very much anymore who I respect for their history here.

@z10user4 wrote:

Who's bullying who? You keep denouncing and renouncing and belittling what many regulars post by claiming https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument_from_authority as a bludgeon weapon to raise their position and by you stating it, raising yours unjustifiably.

The Oracles are just like you and me...fellow customers. They have a slight bit of "moderator" power over the place and that's it. They are on the same level post-wise as many other old-timers still participating. And they're not perfect.

The moderators we know are inconsistent and can often be wrong on their messaging to customers.

So I'll take posts from knowledgeable keen members here any day of the week. I'll even sit up and focus when they post...particularly those that don't post very much anymore who I respect for their history here.

@z10user4 prove it by citing the thread url.  If I did you wrong, I will apologize.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@RosieR 

'Hey No! We won't Bully!'

esjliv_0-1619826458401.png