cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Building Your Own Plan Problems

Cheetah24
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi everyone, 

I am writing this as a feature impovement as I believe the "Build Your Own Plan" tool in the PM website behaves very weird. 

1) Try selecting the following 30 day plan;

Capture.PNG

you will see that the price is 30 dollars. However if you reduce the number of data to 250 MB keeping everything else the same the plan price becomes 50 dollars. Also if you select "No Data" the plan price becomes 35 dollars. This is quite illogical. 

2) The same thing happens for the following plan: 

Capture2.PNG

Again selecting 250 MB and "No Data" is expensive that selecting 500 MBs. 

Thank you. 

6 REPLIES 6

The billing has five components: duration (30 or 90 day), talk, text, data, and "discount" ... each billing cycle shows all five of these (and they all add up to the cost of your plan).  But the last item (the "discount") is not explicitly shown on the calculator (except in the price).

PM plans have always had "2-item" and "3-item" discounts.  And lately PM has been rolling out special promos (slightly more stuff and/or slightly less cost) which would appear as anomalies in the calculator plan prices.

@Cheetah24 OR don't have any data in your plan and purchase 1GB add-on for $30. This add-on doesn't have any expiry date, and it will stay in your account untill fully used. 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Cheetah24 based on your stated needs....

@Cheetah24 wrote:

In my case, I would like to have US calling, but have no real need for data other then sending some MMS and emailing which the 250 MB would suffice.

...I would suggest you pick the 30 day, unlimited Canada+US talk, international texting (which includes MMS--you don't need data for that, but as you noted the plan is cheaper with data than without) and 500MB of 3G data (for emailing etc).  For $35, this is an excellent value for the $.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

As much as plan combinations and pricing don't seem to make sense, you do pay the advertised price.  If selecting something that might not be needed results in a better price, go with it. 

Cheetah24
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Thanks for the reply.

Hmmm.... then may I suggest in this post to the marketing team that these prices be revisited. In my case, I would like to have US calling, but have no real need for data other then sending some MMS and emailing which the 250 MB would suffice. But due to this interesting pricing system, I am reluctant to buy a 250 MB or "No Data" plan. On another note, why would anyone plan to buy a 250 MB or "No Data" plan when 500 MB plans are more cheaper. Either, 

1) The pricing should be more logical such that No Data < 250 MB < 500 MB or, 

2) The options to choose 250 MB or "No Data" should be removed from the Build your own plan tool. 

Just my two cents. 🙂

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@Cheetah24 Yes, weird but true. It's a special plan intentionally  created by the marketing team. Robot LOL

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.