cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Borrowell - Public Mobile not supported

raknahss
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello !

Any one here encountered issue with creating Borrowell account with Public Mobile number ?
PM_Borrowell_Error.png
Borrowell_Supported_Mobile_Providers.png
https://borrowell.com/mobile-phone-providers
@CS_Agent 
Request to get the support for Public Mobile ?

4 REPLIES 4

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@rick7 wrote:

Unfortunately, that means PM does not report your payment history to Equifax, which is the credit bureau that Borrowell draws its data from.

@rick7 PM is entirely pre-paid and as thus doesn't report to credit bureaus.  There is absolutely no way you could ever owe PM money, since:

• they sell zero hardware
  • every 30 days of service is paid up front
  • as soon as you run out of a metered service, it stops until you pay for more of it, again up front

PM is not issuing you any sort of revolving credit like a post-paid plan at another provider, hence, there is nothing to report.  It would be like if your local grocery store started reporting on your payments.  (Same concept, you have to pay before you walk out the door with the food!)

EDIT: fixed typo from "own PM money" to "owe PM money"

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

rick7
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Unfortunately, that means PM does not report your payment history to Equifax, which is the credit bureau that Borrowell draws its data from.

I would suggest trying to answer the credit bureau questions again later when you re-apply for an account. You may even want to request a free report from Equifax to make sure there are no discrepencies in your record that's preventing you from proving your identity.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@raknahss  From that screenshot it looks like Public Mobile is not supported because Bell, Virgin and Lucky are on the list but only Telus and Koodo from the Telus side.

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

I'm not sure if they know the difference between Telus Koodo and public mobile phone numbers.

It may as well be in our side.

You should really talk to both of them to find out. I would suggest first contacting them if they have phone or chat support and then ( if you have to) talk to moderators to see if there is anything that can be done

Need Help? Let's chat.