cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bonus Data - maintain if I move to another plan

KarenYVR
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have some bonus data, not being used because I don't go over my monthly data. Thinking about moving to another PM plan that has less data, so I can run through the bonus data instead. Does that bonus data stay intact if I switch PM plans? 

12 REPLIES 12

KarenYVR

I have my new phone now, and went to downgrade my plan, thinking that my promotional data would follow, but with this warning message below, it doesn't seem to. 

Right now, I have 5GB of data monthly. How does one use more than 5GB to use the bonus data. Stream movies in the park all day?  I still like Public Mobile, but data I can never access doesn't seem like a beneficial promotion. 

..."Are you sure you want to change your plan?

Your new plan will take effect on your next renewal date and you won't be charged until then. This changes replaces any other future-dated plan changes. After changing your plan, you will lose your current promotion.
After changing your plan, you will lose your current promotion.

CURRENT PLAN

Plan
5GB at 3G Speed, Unlimited Canada-wide Talk, Unlimited International Text
$40 per 30 Days
Promotion
RBC promo - One-time 5GB data add on

STARTING  Jul 25, 2020 , YOUR NEW PLAN WILL BE:

Plan
$25 for 500 MB + 500 MB AutoPay Bonus
$25 per 30 Days

Your Plan Subtotal: $25.00
Yes, change my plan"....

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@KarenYVR wrote:

Thanks! I did find the promotion, I'll have to check either the promotion itself T & C's somehow if I can find them, or with the moderators. I'll do that in a bit. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/FYI-Until-Sept-30-RBC-customers-10-off-...

I think you are safe with your promotion as it is over 6 months and you collected 6 times $10 credit.  Schedule your plan change on your next renewal date as PM plan is prepaid and there is no refund of the unused days of your current cycle..

@KarenYVR wrote:

Thanks! I did find the promotion, I'll have to check either the promotion itself T & C's somehow if I can find them, or with the moderators. I'll do that in a bit. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/FYI-Until-Sept-30-RBC-customers-10-off-...

@KarenYVR   Although I'm not 100% sure, but I believe you should be okay changing plans on that promotion and your bonus data should stay, but better to confirm first with moderators via the chatbot ? mark bottom right of your screen just in case before you make a change.

Edit: @KarenYVR  Read @computergeek541  post on that thread as it mentions bonus data could be lost in case of plan change and that's why I would confirm with moderators first because there was some conflicting information about the terms of that promotion.

@KarenYVR It seems that this 5GB will remain on your account even if you change the plan. It is like an addon and disappears when used up.

KarenYVR

@KarenYVR wrote:

It was a promotion, if I signed up with Public Mobile with a particular credit card, using a particular plan (I think it was for 6 months on the plan, which I am past that date). I got a bunch of data. 

@KarenYVR   If you can remember which promotion it was it might be a good idea to read the terms of that promotion to see how your bonus data may get affected.  You could also ask moderators to give you some clarity as to what would happen to your bonus data if you choose to change plans.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@KarenYVR 

PM gave us bonus data in two different occasions in 2019.  These bonus data are attached to your account.  Therefore, if you change plan, you will keep your bonus data with your account.

But if you bonus data is related to a plan activation, you need to read the promo details whether you will keep your data after plan change.

KarenYVR

That's right, it was an offer from a credit card I have, if I signed up with PM, I got the bonus data.  

@KarenYVR so, the bonus data came because of the credit card used? Thanks.

KarenYVR

It was a promotion, if I signed up with Public Mobile with a particular credit card, using a particular plan (I think it was for 6 months on the plan, which I am past that date). I got a bunch of data. 

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@KarenYVR  if you meant the 1 gig gift data. Thats okay. The bonus data will depend upon the terms under which it was obtained. Tell us the one that you are referring to and we will be better able to answer your question. Stay safe. 

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Depends on how you got that bonus

Could you tell us

Gift add-ons usually stay

Need Help? Let's chat.