cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blu R1 Plus

lbc
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm currently on Virgin but I'm looking into switching to Public Mobile. Does anyone know if this phone I'm looking at buying would be compatible?

Blu R1 Plus

https://www.amazon.ca/BLU-Plus-Smartphone-32GB-Black/dp/B01LYB4KG5/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&...

7 REPLIES 7

@Jorno is correct. It will work fine based on the manufacturer's specs.

Taekgun
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@lbc

You will be fine to use this phone on the network, welcome to PM.

@lbc wrote:

I tried willmyphonework but they don't have this model on there.

Oops sorry haven't check myself...

lbc
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I tried willmyphonework but they don't have this model on there.

Jorno
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

According to the specifications for the phone (found here), the phone supports

- 2G: 850/900/1800/1900
- 3G: 850/1700/1900/2100
- 4G LTE: 2/4/7/12/17

From the Telus Mobility wikipedia radio frequency summary (found here), Public Mobile (as a brand of Telus) supports

- 3G: 850/1900

- 4G LTE: 2/4/5/7/12/13/17/29

From what I can see, the BLU R1 Plus will work on Public Mobile.  Perhaps others with more experience will confirm, amend or refute my assessment.

No need to sweat this one.

This device will be compatible if you make sure that you purchase from "Ships and sold from Amazon.ca". Amazon isn't going to sell a product on the Canadian site that isn't compatible for use in Canada.  Like I said make sure you buy directly from Amazon and not some third-party seller if you want a little more assurance of that.

For a phone to be compatible for the majority of users in Canada, a phone would have at least 850 and 1900MHz support on 3g.  I just can't seee Amazon.ca selling a phone that doesn't (if you purchase from Amazon directly). In any event, Amazon has pretty good return policy on products such as this, and if you end up returning it because it doesn't work for voice calls in Canada on Bell/Telus network, I'm certain that Amazon would even pay for the return shipping (because they shouldn't have been selling it in the first place).

Either way, this phone will work any Canadian provider (even Freedom Mobile).

Someone_here
Mayor / Maire

The best source to check is this site: https://willmyphonework.net

Need Help? Let's chat.