cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing Cycle

harman1189
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@CS_Agent So I've an interesting question, and would like to know what happens with the billing cycle when the service is not started for first few days? 

For example, My connection never activated, I'm dealing with NO SERVICE For almost 36 hours now and I'm yet to get any reply from the mods to when my phone would start working. 

So there's delay in service activation, but  my billing cycle has already begun and it's been 2 days, are those get adjusted or this is another thing you've to bear in addition to  No Service? 

6 REPLIES 6

@mimmo wrote:

@will13am are you saying billing cycles are not being adjusted unless customers ask?  I thought it was pm practice to reset billing cycles if issues were encountered without asking.

That is correct.  I did not ask and so my renewal was not adjusted in spite of 4 days of account suspension following payment.  It's a $10 account, so I am not losing a lot of sleep.  On principle it's not right.  No one should have to ask.  By the way, I am not pointing fingers at the moderators.  This is policy that comes from a different source. 

As it hasn't happened to me (yet... I'm sure it will someday), I do not know what happens.

Looking at payment transactions, I can see that my payment always gets applied the day of my renewal.  If my plan doesn't renew, I expect the payment to be just in Available funds, until the plan is reactivated.

Whether it's me pushing the activation button, or a Moderator doing it for me, a plan is not active (in my mind) until the payment has been used to make it so.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@will13am are you saying billing cycles are not being adjusted unless customers ask?  I thought it was pm practice to reset billing cycles if issues were encountered without asking.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@harman1189, in this case the squeaky wheel gets the grease.  If you do not speak up, nothing happens and the customer ends up the losing service time.  This is not a big deal when the response times are a few hours.  Now that it is many day, I would recommend customers speak up each and every time.  I have asked that until response times are restored to 24 hours or less, adjustments be made universally without the customer asking.  It is the right thing to do.  I have not heard seen a response to my suggestion. 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@harman1189 I can confirm mods are pretty good at resetting the cycle to the date when the issue is resolved. This from what I recall happens with failed ports due to user input error.   I would imagine this is especially more important now that resolutions are taking longer than normal.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

You should expect, and request, an adjusted date if the issue was triggered by Public Mobile.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.