cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bell number port only partially worked

karenbruiners
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
Porting over from Bell only partially worked. I can make calls, text and have data. But can't receive calls? Anyone else have this issue?
22 REPLIES 22

carmennic

@Mary_M I am also having this problem and I have emailed twice with all my information. They say I should recieve a response in 48 hours and its been 4 days now since the first email. I can call out, recieve messages and use data but can't recieve calls, they go to my bell voicemail.

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Awesome news @taniaz welcome to the PM family 🙂

cindyleungpc

Hi Mary,

I am having the same issue.  I sent you a PM last week.

Thanks!!

taniaz

Hi @Mary_M

Thank you for getting back to me. I understand how busy it must be with the new promo. My phone is now fully functional, thanks again for all of the help! 

T

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @taniaz

Thank you for your patience 🙂

You port has been completed, please refer to my private message! Welcome to PM,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

taniaz

Thank you for the response, at least my old SIM card works for now. 

Rockdaddy22
Could take a week unfortunately.

taniaz

Hello! 

I am going through the same issue even though it said the port was originally successful. I then got a text from PM saying asking to send a contact request to provide the correct ESN/MEID from Bell, which i thought i had already done. I submitted the request and private messaged the moderators. Do you know how long this will take to resolve? 

Thank you for your help

Rockdaddy22
Thanks for the update @karenbruiners and welcome to the PM family. 🙂

karenbruiners

Everything is working fine now. Thanks @Mary_M

srlawren

Thank you, @Mary_M!  As always, you rock!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

trshtup

Hey @karenbruiners, I just switched over from Bell as well.  The switch, for me, went smoothly with the exception of voicemail (I could get VM, but couldn't access by long-pressing 1 anymore).  Anyway, the moderator (PM staffer) was very helpful in solving this issue, and I'm sure they could help you with your call issue as well.  Good luck!

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Good morning @karenbruiners

Welcome to Public Mobile!

I have received your private message and I will work on your case shortly. 

Once I process the port, I will be sending you a confirmation.

Thank you,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

srlawren

@fktw yes that's typically how the ports go when transfering from another wireless provider... they usually complete within minutes.  In some cases, the port request is rejected by the other provider. Usually it's because the port request page is a bit confusing and people may not fill it out correctly, thus the info doesn't match what's on file at the previous provider and the request is rejected by their system.  Another less common cause is if your account is not still open and in good standing (you haven't made the mistake of calling them to cancel, and you don't owe them any money) the request will fail also.

Our community moderators @Shazia_K@Mary_M, and @Saray_O are PM staff with the ability to look in the backend systems to see what the cause of the rejection was, and can resubmit on your behalf once they get the correct info.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

fktw
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I just ported my number in last night and the same thing occurred, except it took only 30 minutes to complete the dialing in portion.  Once that got resolved, I got a text message from PM telling me the port is complete.  If you haven't received that text, then it's likely stuck somewhere in the system.

srlawren

I don't think Shazia is working this weekend, based on a private message she sent me this afternoon.  But yes @karenbruiners please send a private message to both @Mary_M and @Saray_O and include:

1) your temporary public mobile phone number that you activated with

2) mention it's bell you're transfering from

3) the account number you had at Bell

4) the phone number you are trying to transfer over from Bell to Public Mobile

They can resubmit the port request for you in the morning, and once that's done it should be fairly quick after that.  

karenbruiners
Okay sounds good to me! Thanks for all the help.

imm1304

It shouldn't have taken that long, most likely there was an error in number port.  As @NDesai said, your Bell sim card should still be active until the number port request is completed.  

PM staff will be online in the morning.  Send your Bell account number, PIN, Bell phone number and the name on the Bell account via a private message to @Mary_M / @Shazia_K / @Saray_O  right now or wait for one of them to reach out to you in this thread and then communicate further.  

karenbruiners
I'll try the old Sim now, thanks!

karenbruiners
I have restarted yes but will try again. It's been about 5 hours now.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Have you tried removing the sim and rebooting your phone? Did you check if your bell sim is still working? If its working, i suggest you to wait little more. 

If still the same issue, staff member will complete the porting process tomorrow. 

imm1304

Hi @karenbruiners!

Welcome to PM!

This is normal while the number port request is in prgress.  How long has it been?

It usually takes from 30 minutes to 2 hours.  

Have your restarted your phone since submitting the port request?  

Need Help? Let's chat.