cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bell and Rogers at it again

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

Just saw some tweets from MobileSyrup.  Bell is increasing data overages to 10¢/MB effective immediately for new subsubscribers, and Rogers is ending their free six month free Spotify Premium subscriptions, and the NHL offering.

Bell is making our $30/1 GB of data pretty cheap.

6 REPLIES 6

Virgin Mobile has adopted the increase from Bell today.

The 5 1 hour data blocks appear to still available on the Fido Pulse plans.

marvinliu
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Bell is even worse, I was with Bell and had no data plan, I've accidentially enabled the cellular data in my iphone a couple times, and it would connect right away and generate the data usage as low a few bits, however any data usage less than 50M will be charged at $7.5. 

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Can't say I am surprised. The fact they won't let you block data after you have gone over your allotted data..

jt17g
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

how about the 1 hour data? is it still exist?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

In a oligopoly situation, I fully expect the top tier brands to come forward and price match the increase.  I see this increase as more about pushing people to buy into plans which provide greater insurance against having to resort to overage charges.  We see a lot of usage anxiety already, it will just get worse.  Of course too much of a good thing leads to more stranded usage.  It is ironic how a lot of customers exiting from Public Mobile asking if there is any refunds because they are leaving before the end of their paid term.  At the same time, a lot of these same people don't see over purchasing what is needed results in the same loss, not just a one time loss but a recurring monthly loss.  Long story short, there is nothing new here.  More of the same old, same old to cement Canada's place on the leaderboard for expensive cellular service.  Customers just need to be ever wiser when shopping for service.

jp2
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I'm so glad I left Bell but the good news is these announcements makes it so much easier to get referrals Smiley Tongue

Need Help? Let's chat.