cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Been 10 days and porting still not done

Sal_L
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi ,

Its been 10 days since I activated my Public Mobile and tired porting my number from Chatr (on 19th Nov, 2016).

It was not successful as per the sms i received. So I contacted Public Mobile by filling out the porting issues form under the  "Get Help" menu on the 20th Nov, 2016.

I have sent a private message to @Shazia_K and still waiting response.

The issue is that at this point i have paid for Chatr service and Public Mobile's wireless service, I cant cancel the Chatr account as the number has been ported nor can I fully use Public Mobile. This is becuase all incoming calls go to Chatr.

I am running out of patience and getting frustrated. I know Public Mobile is a value brand, but its no excuse for delays for 10 days..... I have paid for a service which I am not able to use.

7 REPLIES 7

eikari

Hi Shazia,

I have been having the same problem and it's been 12 days.  I have sent multiple PMs to different help staff with no response. I have also sent you all my info via PM.  

My number seems to be stuck in limbo as they have told me that the porting was requested but cancelled due to an error.  Because of this I am still on old provider (and paying for both services) but it has messed something up as I am not able to receive all calls or texts from people (some come through and some don't).  Being a small business owner after 12 days of clients not able to get through and missing texts is becoming detremental to my business. I have been told by Rogers that new requests to port the number just needs to be made to correct this.  Could someone please contact me to get this done PLEASE! 

Thank you

Sal_L

Hi @Shazia_K,

I just called Chat-r and verified that the pin provided to Public Mobile was correct.

However, as requested i have private messaged you the account number.

Hoping to hear from you soon.

Thanks.

samshikari
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Sent you a reply!

Thanks.

UDP7
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You can't get a refund through Public Mobile. You would need to contact your bank account, but even that's not 100%. 

TTC

I am in the same situation porting from Zoomer since Nov 19. No incoming calls and no messages. Paying both Zoomer and Public. Sent two messages from "self serve". No reply and no acknowlegement for 10 days. Sent messages thru "community", no reply and no acknowlegement from Public !!!

I searched thru the "community" and this seems like a common problem, why no one able to fix it and/or give a comforting answer ?1!

You have a lot of fustrated customers !

Just wonder how to get a refund ?

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@Sal_L

I'm sorry about this!

The port failed because the wrong PIN number was provided, can I have the account number with Chat-r if you don't have it with you then please give them a call. 

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

hlzhang
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

It maybe your previous service provider still hold your number. You can only port after they release it. They can hold up to 3 weeks, as I know.

Need Help? Let's chat.