cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bands used by the PM network.

sandpublic
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Because of the large number of posts regarding phone issues and disconnects I thought I would post a list of what bands are used by the 

Public Mobile network. If your phone has the following bands supported you shouldn't have any issues. Hope this helps if your shopping for a new phone.

4G

• B4 (1700/2100 AWS 1)
  • B12 (700)
  • B13 (700)

3G

• B2 (1900)
  • B5 (850

2G

• B2 (1900)
  • B5 (850)

13 REPLIES 13

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@sheytoon wrote:

I think it's clearly and accurately laid out there.

@sheytoon as do I.  Very.

@sheytoon wrote:

I just wish that info would be added to the Knowledge Base / official info so we wouldn't need to repeat ourselves constantly.

@sheytoon while I agree with this sentiment, the reality is that it seems very few people actually consume the KB articles, so the likelihood is that even if this info were made available via the medium, it would largely fall on deaf ears (okay, blind eyes).  It seems repetition is required, but linking instead of repeating whenever possible is always good.  Hence the aforementioned bookmarks.  I've amassed quite a collection, and still growing.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@srlawren, no worries!

And I don't mean to promote my own posts, but I think it's clearly and accurately laid out there.

I just wish that info would be added to the Knowledge Base / official info so we wouldn't need to repeat ourselves constantly.

srlawren

@sheytoonawesome!  I just bookmarked both of those posts and will be linking them from now on for discussions around PM's frequencies.  Cheers dude.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@slash407 wrote:

im pretty sure wiki has this, but regardless, good job, they should sticky this

They should sticky incorrect information?

I realize that the OP is simply asking about what bands are used, which is fine.

Also, Public Mobile already has information available on this site about the frequency bands that are used.

There is zero difference in coverage and bands.  The information that you are sourcing is inaccurate and/or incomplete.

sandpublic
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@computergeek541 wrote:

@sandpublic wrote:

Because of the large number of posts regarding phone issues and disconnects I thought I would post a list of what bands are used by the 

Public Mobile network. If your phone has the following bands supported you shouldn't have any issues. Hope this helps if your shopping for a new phone.

4G

• B4 (1700/2100 AWS 1)
  • B12 (700)
  • B13 (700)

3G

• B2 (1900)
  • B5 (850

2G

• B2 (1900)
  • B5 (850)

Thanks, but there are some mistakes.  I would delete the 2g section because it doesn't exist on Public Mobile's network.  Also, you're missing at least the following bands for LTE:  2, 5, and 7.

2G noted with thanks. I'm kinda confused though because I was under the impression that Telus, Koodo and PM use the same network but from the following info it appears that this is not the case for LTE/4G: (Please correct me if their are any inaccuracies).

Telus:

4G:

B2 (1900) 

B4 (1700/2100 AWS 1)
B5 (850)
B7 (2600)
B12 (700)
B13 (700)
B17 (700)
B29 (700)

3G:
B2 (1900)
B5 (850)

2G: Not available

Koodo:

4G:
B2 (1900)
B4 (1700/2100 AWS 1)
B5 (850)
B17 (700)

3G:
B2 (1900)
B5 (850)

Public Mobile:

4G:
B4 (1700/2100 AWS 1)
B12 (700)
B13 (700)
3G:
B2 (1900)
B5 (850)

So from the above even though they share some bands it looks like Telus covers a lot more bands then does Koodo and PM. Does that mean that Telus has better coverage?

@sandpublic wrote:

4G

• B4 (1700/2100 AWS 1)
  • B12 (700)
  • B13 (700)

3G

• B2 (1900)
  • B5 (850

2G

• B2 (1900)
  • B5 (850)

Thanks, but there are some mistakes.  I would delete the 2g section because it doesn't exist on Public Mobile's network.  Also, you're missing at least the following bands for LTE:  2, 5, and 7.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@sandpublic wrote:

4G

• B4 (1700/2100 AWS 1)
  • B12 (700)
  • B13 (700)

3G

• B2 (1900)
  • B5 (850

2G

• B2 (1900)
  • B5 (850)

The 4G/LTE listing is incomplete.  There are many 700 Mhz bands and also the 3G bands have been repurposed to perform LTE duties as well.  The list from wiki is complete.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telus_Mobility

@imm1304 wrote:

Hello!

The simplest way to check phone compatibility is by visiting this site: https://willmyphonework.net/

I have found it to be a very useful and simple tool that has been around for many years.

Also, there is no 2G network at Public Mobile. You will never get a 2G connection... so you can strike that out.  

The more market penetration from the non traditional brands, the more I find that willmyphonework is no longer the gold standard for confirming compatibility.  Something like the Huawei P and Mate line are nowhere to be found.  Not acceptable at all. 

joepublic
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@sandpublic wrote:

4G

• B4 (1700/2100 AWS 1)
  • B12 (700)
  • B13 (700)

3G

• B2 (1900)
  • B5 (850

2G

• B2 (1900)
  • B5 (850)

Thanks!!

imm1304

Hello!

The simplest way to check phone compatibility is by visiting this site: https://willmyphonework.net/

I have found it to be a very useful and simple tool that has been around for many years.

Also, there is no 2G network at Public Mobile. You will never get a 2G connection... so you can strike that out.  

Need Help? Let's chat.