cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad SIM card

Wrxblaze
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
Not sure if i have a bad SIM card or a bad phone. I ordered another SIM card on the off chance that it was a bad SIM.

It's actually for my sister in law. And I'm not near her to test things.

How do we activate the new SIM card?
6 REPLIES 6

Wrxblaze
Thank you SD08 that is what I was after.

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

As long as you use the method of changing SIMs like I described above, whatever plan she's currently on will not be affected. She'll continue to be on the same plan with the same expiry date, nothing lost. Once you change SIMs, the old SIM will become useless. Think of it like changing phones or hardware - it will not affect your plan.

Wrxblaze
Sorry guys maybe I wasn't clear enough. The phone was working fine. Then it started intermittently flaking out. So i just ordered a SIM to try and rule out the SIM.

So do I just activate the new SIM under the current plan. There are still days left on the plan thanks.

I posted before the current reply. I have sent the SIM to her place and she has it already. She wanted me to try that first. I believe it is the phone but we will give it a shot. Thanks.

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Actually, if this is a replacement SIM for an already active account, then you should go to the PM self-serve account and change SIMs there. Go to Plan & Add-ons -> Change SIM card.

However, you may be changing SIMs unnecessarily if you're not sure if it's her phone instead. Since you'd have to pass her the physical SIM card eventually for her to use it, I would suggest you wait until you see her, test her old SIM in your phone first, then switch the SIM if necessary in the self-serve.

Once you activate sim then u install in your phone before if u put your sim in phone it's won't work maybe that's why you having issues you have to activate first then put it in your phone sim slot
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

Samianauman
Mayor / Maire
By going public mobile website and click on activate sim card then you customize your own plan according to your need and setup a payment either one time or setup auto pay which will save u some dollars let me know if u still can't activate the sim
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**
Need Help? Let's chat.