cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

B81 error

gw3
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@CS_Agent 

I keep getting the error message 8B1 when i try to make phone calls. It is only happening with some phone numbers and not others. I can still receive calls and send and receive texts. I have tried turning my phone off and removing and reinserting the sim card several times. Can you please help me with this issue?

2 REPLIES 2

@gw3 wrote:

@CS_Agent 

I keep getting the error message 8B1 when i try to make phone calls. It is only happening with some phone numbers and not others. I can still receive calls and send and receive texts. I have tried turning my phone off and removing and reinserting the sim card several times. Can you please help me with this issue?

Taking your SIM card in and out wouldn't help in this type of situation. 8B1 a Telus network error code.  If your SIM card weren't inserted properly, you wouldn't even hearing that message.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hi @gw3 

After doing some research, I'm thinking your SIM card isn't truly lining up with the phone connectors. Or there may be an issue with your SIM card itself. Have you tried using a different phone?

If the problems continue to happen after testing things, you can contact a CS Agent to give you some direction as Google and these forums haven't a clear answer.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Please let us know what they say as it's a learning experience for all of us.

And if they do tell you to purchase a new SIM card, do NOT buy it from PM. But it from Amazon as it's half price plus you'll get it faster. It takes 3-4 weeks sometimes through PM. A couple days through Amazon.

Need Help? Let's chat.