cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autopay

graceliuqy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

The sales told me if I set up autopay, I would get $2 CAD off every month. But, I haven't gotten it since I transferred my previous carrier to Public Mobile on March 7th, 2022. After that, I went to the sales again, he told me I would get the complimentary offer from the second month. Now I paid the 3rd cycle under the autopay option. Still, no $2 CAD off there. So, you changed your rewards policies, or the sales lied to me?

Looking forward to your reply.

10 REPLIES 10

Sorry, but customers who opened a Public Mobile account on or after January 25, 20022 don't receive any discount for using authorized payments (autopay).

@computergeek541 , you just answered my question to! Thank you!

graceliuqy

Actually it's not only about money, but also about the service that should be the hard core of any business. Thank you for replying me.

graceliuqy

THX!

graceliuqy

Thank you for letting me know.

@JL9 wrote:

I feel your frustration, I was in the same boat. You still get 5% as stated so if your plan is 40 or more it is on par or even better than the $2 reward, however, if it is less you will be leaving a little $$ on the table.

The 5% in points being better is only short lived. Unless someone regularly buys many add-ons, the points system is universally worse for customers on all plans.   I suspect that these changes were a cost cutting measure.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@graceliuqy  - that is quite frustrating, and not your fault. Unfortunately, retail stores are not likely Public Mobile  (Telus) employees, so would probably not even know the latest in-market plan/account information. 

I am not sure where this information goes (maybe it goes to a outsource division of Public Mobile who manages this part)...but, I would submit your review of the store here, https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/providing-feedback-on-stores

In addition, I would suggest to submit a ticket with Public Mobile CSA's to explain what happened and advise of the 'false information' you were provided.

Public Mobile Representatives customer support agents (CSA), by either two methods, found here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@graceliuqy 

A little of both....pm changed their $$ rewards to points=$$ and the sales guy isn't very up to date. Where did you activate? Its possible you qualified for a third month free credit but it would have been a retailer specific promo vs an official flash sale promo from pm.

To see the points you have earned so far log into your rewards account with the same login credentials as your self serve account.

To contact customer support :

Submit a support ticket via Simple--Simon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you prefer or cannot submit a support ticket you may send a private message : Click here 

To pre-verify add in your private messaging only your full name, address, email, phone # & 4 digit account pin #

JL9
Mayor / Maire

I feel your frustration, I was in the same boat. You still get 5% as stated so if your plan is 40 or more it is on par or even better than the $2 reward, however, if it is less you will be leaving a little $$ on the table. The guy in the store should have known that but unfortunately he was prob used to talking that feature up to get his sales/commissions etc so it is unfortunate that he went that route.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@graceliuqy  Sorry, the mobile sales didn't give  you the latest information.  As of Jan 25, 2022, PM no longer has the Autopay $2 discount for new customers.  But, you will be getting 5% back in Public Points for any spending on PM,  including your monthly plan payment and add-on purchase.  Once you accumulate enough for 15 Public Points, you can redeem for $15 bill credit.   You can login to My Rewards site to check your current points  https://www.publicmobile.ca/myrewards

More information for Public Points can be found here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/Public-Points-Rewards

@graceliuqy wrote:

The sales told me if I set up autopay, I would get $2 CAD off every month. But, I haven't gotten it since I transferred my previous carrier to Public Mobile on March 7th, 2022. After that, I went to the sales again, he told me I would get the complimentary offer from the second month. Now I paid the 3rd cycle under the autopay option. Still, no $2 CAD off there. So, you changed your rewards policies, or the sales lied to me?

Looking forward to your reply.

Sorry, but customers who opened a Public Mobile account on or after January 25, 20022 don't receive any discount for using authorized payments (autopay).

Need Help? Let's chat.