cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autopay and top up problem

MadihaAD
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I bought a Public sim a month ago for the first time and my first cycle payment was due yesterday. I tried to change credit card on autopay on last night and put in my husband's card details. This morning when I logged in my account was suspended as the payment didnt go through. For the last 4 hours I have tried several times to top up my account and it doesnt work. Main window in my account says there is $12 as balance and that my account is suspended and I have to top it up. When I put in credit card details it doesnt go through and says there are sufficient funds in my account. 

I have spent more than 4 hours doing that and it has been a waste of time. I decided to port my number to Virgin and went to the mall and bought one. When I put in the new SIM it says Public is not releasing the number as the account is suspended. 

Its a total mess as payment doesnt go through, I cant port it and my number is suspended. Couldnt have been worse service.

Looking for advice asap.

16 REPLIES 16

@MadihaAD Public mobile used to send a fraud protection text confirming if the customer would like to port or not, which required a yes or no answer. this process has since been suspended currently, while telecoms discuss together on how to approach it.

MadihaAD

When i call PM 611 there is no option to port. 

@MadihaAD keep you PM SIM in your phone to say yes to the port from PM 611. Sorry to see you go. Stay safe. 

MadihaAD

I have contacted a moderator. Thanks

MadihaAD

Thanks much. Appreciate the help.

shep22
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@MadihaAD wrote:

Thanks a lot. I switched to $15 plan and was able to make a payment. Do I need to contact a moderator to port the number?

no just remove auto pay and keep your account active until port is complete good luck!!

@MadihaAD wrote:

Thanks a lot. I switched to $15 plan and was able to make a payment. Do I need to contact a moderator to port the number?

@MadihaAD  No need to contact anyone. Ask Virgin to resubmit the port and your number should port out without any issues.

MadihaAD

MadihaAD

it worked. Thanks a lot. I have been able to reactivate the account.

shep22
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@MadihaAD wrote:

i have and it doesnt work

@MadihaAD hi you can contact the moderator team here. sorry for your troubles @  your companies auto pay "fixes" are not working looks like your losing another customer what a shame!!

MadihaAD

i have and it doesnt work

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@MadihaAD wrote:

I bought a Public sim a month ago for the first time and my first cycle payment was due yesterday. I tried to change credit card on autopay on last night and put in my husband's card details. This morning when I logged in my account was suspended as the payment didnt go through. For the last 4 hours I have tried several times to top up my account and it doesnt work. Main window in my account says there is $12 as balance and that my account is suspended and I have to top it up. When I put in credit card details it doesnt go through and says there are sufficient funds in my account. 

I have spent more than 4 hours doing that and it has been a waste of time. I decided to port my number to Virgin and went to the mall and bought one. When I put in the new SIM it says Public is not releasing the number as the account is suspended. 

Its a total mess as payment doesnt go through, I cant port it and my number is suspended. Couldnt have been worse service.

Looking for advice asap.

@MadihaAD  Wow what a nightmare! Unfortunately your can't port out a number while you account is suspended so that is why Public will not release the number.

When you try to change credit cards too many time a security lock gets triggered and needs to be reset by the moderator team.

If you still want to go with Virgin then you need to reactivate your plan. My recommendation would be to switch to the cheapest plan ($15) and then use a voucher to re-activate your account.

You can also submit a ticket to PM explain what happened and await their response .To submit a ticket to the Moderator Team, please start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon by clicking  here or the icon (bottom right of your screen).

s.JPG

If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@MadihaAD do as @RossN suggests but ask them to switch your plan down to the $15 plan before they reactivate it for you. Stay safe. 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@MadihaAD wrote:

Looking for advice asap.

@MadihaAD   Have you tried dialing 611 to make your payment either with the registered CC or voucher?

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@MadihaAD wrote:

Looking for advice asap.

@MadihaAD hi in order to port a number your Public account has to be active contact the moderators to sort this out sorry to see you go 

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@MadihaAD wrote:

Looking for advice asap.

@MadihaAD there have been some issues with auto pay contact a moderator for assistance to contact a moderator  click on the ? Bottom right hand corner Ask Simon to speak to a human this will help create a ticket to speak to a moderator mention autopay issues      check the envelope top right corner for a reply response time is 2 to 48 hours

Need Help? Let's chat.