cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"We tried to process your autopay renewal but something went wrong..."

bluejaywpg
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

My payment didn't go through today even though I have not made changes to my payment method or my payment account, the payment method has funds available, & has not expired or been closed.  I even made a purchase online & it appears to have gone through, as it showed up when I check my transactions.

I checked the community posts & I saw this announcement from Tuesday, which left me confused:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/SMS-Notification-for-Autopay-Error/td-p...

So before I open a PM ticket or call my financial institution, is there an issue affecting payments from some customers right now?  Or is the above post simply a notification of changes to the service when someone's payment doesn't go through?

I have to run to the store now & I will be paying with the method I use for PM so if by chance it fails, I will contact my financial institution.

13 REPLIES 13

bluejaywpg

@dabr it worked.  I just sent it now, as I was tired & hungry so I made dinner & took a break.

@bluejaywpg wrote:

Ugh this is FRUSTRATING!!!  When I try to send the PM to the moderators, this is what I get:

PM Authentication Failed.png

I'll try to resend by copying & pasting into a new message.  Enjoy reading part of the complaint portion of my message.  

Oh yeah, that's frustrating for sure, hopefully the copy and paste worked on resending. 

bluejaywpg

Ugh this is FRUSTRATING!!!  When I try to send the PM to the moderators, this is what I get:

PM Authentication Failed.png

I'll try to resend by copying & pasting into a new message.  Enjoy reading part of the complaint portion of my message.  

@bluejaywpg   Thanks for updating and letting us know that you've finally managed to make your payment and that your phone service is working.

When you try add your original CC to your account, it's recommended to clear your browser cache/cookies and use incognito/private mode. 

bluejaywpg

@gpixel I don't think that's the issue.  I tried only the amount due with my original card before I switched cards.  Both options worked with the other cards that I tried.

As far as I can tell, the problem is either with my original payment provider or purely with PM.

My balance is now paid & service restored.

I'm still going to message PM because I am using a different card & I would like to put my original card back but PM's system won't accept it, saying there is a problem...

@bluejaywpg for the "payment type" what option are you choosing? "amount due"? try using "other, enter the desired payment amount" 

payment type2-01.jpeg

bluejaywpg

I forgot to add that I'm trying again to pay with the card on file - not working.  Changed the card to a $5 Visa prepaid card I got from a cereal offer - not working.  Tried my original card again - wouldn't change back to that card!  But then I tried to make a payment again with the Visa prepaid card & it may have worked.

I'll try paying the balance again with my original card or maybe another card & we'll see what happens.

bluejaywpg

Thank you all for the replies.

@dabr it is a CC.  My service has been suspended.

@gpixel & @LurganIeUk thank you for those ideas.

I will contact PM - thanks for the link @geopublic 

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@bluejaywpg wrote:

My payment didn't go through today even though I have not made changes to my payment method or my payment account, the payment method has funds available, & has not expired or been closed.  I even made a purchase online & it appears to have gone through, as it showed up when I check my transactions.

I checked the community posts & I saw this announcement from Tuesday, which left me confused:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/SMS-Notification-for-Autopay-Error/td-p...

So before I open a PM ticket or call my financial institution, is there an issue affecting payments from some customers right now?  Or is the above post simply a notification of changes to the service when someone's payment doesn't go through?

I have to run to the store now & I will be paying with the method I use for PM so if by chance it fails, I will contact my financial institution.

Try this. 

Prepay your account and keep auto-pay in place.

Try this hybrid customer developed auto-pay system. It works!

For your future use and thought. Since we all depend on our mobile devices we need to have reliable service so here is a method to insure yourself to avoid the insufficient funds situation. 

Manually pay 30 days ahead. Leave auto pay in place (just in case) as that alone gives you $2 off and if it is NOT used you will still get the $2 off. Then when you receive your text that your account has been paid, that then becomes your reminder to prepay again. Depending on the accumulation of any earned (vs expected) credits you may occasionally downward adjust the amount you prepay. Do a screen print of your text and treat it like a bill to pay. 

PS. This would also ensure that if you had to wait for a voucher to be valid that anxiety won’t set in as you will have time to wait it out before your next 30 day term payment is due.

Copyright 2020

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@bluejaywpg wrote:

So before I open a PM ticket or call my financial institution, is there an issue affecting payments from some customers right now? 

@bluejaywpg  This is a known issue and is not customer or cc related it's a random bug that can occur and the announcement is a temporary measure until the issue gets resolved.

Or is the above post simply a notification of changes to the service when someone's payment doesn't go through? Temp measure until the problem is fixed.

No need to call your bank just submit a ticket to PM and ask them to fix the problem. To submit a ticket to the Moderator Team, please start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon by clicking  here or the icon (bottom right of your screen).

s.JPG

If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@bluejaywpg my suggestion is to go to esso and use the instant top up method instead of purchasing a voucher since those can take upto 24hours to become active depending on what store you purchase it from

instant top up-01.jpeg

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@bluejaywpg wrote:

@bluejaywpg   Do you have a CC on file.  Sometimes PM has problems with the autopay system which requires a registered CC on file even if you opt to pay by vouchers. 

Are your phone services working right now?  If they are then you should be able to ignore that message, otherwise first try to see if you can use the reactivate button in your account to push the payment before contacting moderators.

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@bluejaywpg wrote:

@bluejaywpg  there have been some issues with auto pay try contacting a moderator you can do so by clicking the question mark at the lower right corner,to avoid going around in circles with Simon say that you want a human to speak to, a ticket will then be generated briefly mention auto pay issue, you should get a response between 2 to 48 hours a reply should show up in your little envelope in the top right corner 

Need Help? Let's chat.