cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoPay Fail, Service Suspended

pm-user1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello all, I've been on PM for over 3 years now, with different accounts. This is the first autopay renewal period for a new account/number, and for the first time my account was fully suspended before the autopay charge went through. All incoming calls went to voicemail, and I had zero texts, incoming or outgoing, and no outgoing calls. I heard a message saying, "sorry, your plan is expired." I logged into my account, hoping to manually add funds and wake up the account that way. There was a big orange 'suspended' banner on the top of the page, of course assuring me to disregard it if I was on autopay. While I was still navigating, the page refreshed so that the banner disappeared and I could see the charge was finally going through on its own. However I still have no service, though the fail message now states, "Sorry, we could not complete your call, please call *611." I'm still waiting for service to resume, and just putting this out there so that other people know that PM is not doing well with auto-renewals today. Grr!

12 REPLIES 12

pm-user1

15.jpgI just received these texts from Public Mobile, literally within seconds of each other. I never made a manual payment either. 😂 Crazy!

pm-user1

Hybrid plan? I see dynamic on my account. What is the difference?

@pm-user1 

I would suggest that you use the auto-pay hybrid plan. 

pm-user1

Hopefully if you restart your phone now, everything will work again.

goodgrafe
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have the same problem.  The CC company said the payment went through.

pm-user1

Yes, that's right, no manual payment. I was going to, but it was not necessary. The late autopay apparently suspended my account in the interim, then automatically reactivated it without my doing anything. Frustrating, but I'm glad it's back up and running. Texting and calls are fully functional again.

@pm-user1 wrote:

Okay, I just rebooted my phone as suggested in another thread, and the account is finally awake again! Yay!

HI @pm-user1 , so you didn't even need to make the manual payment?  it was just Autopay finished late?

@pm-user1 wrote:

Already done. Suspension banner is gone, like I said. Payment shows as having gone through, so manual payment not necessary. Account says it's active. But it's not working yet.

@likelly  - Your status is Active, ok good.

Try:

• restarting your phone?
  • Also try toggling into airplane mode than back to regular mode.
  • remove your SIM card, try it into another compatible phone while it is out..does service work? Then reinsert it into your phone, now does it work?
  • Lost stolen trick as @MrSpock posted...try,

1. Go to “Plan and Add-Ons” TAB
    2. Select "Lost/Stolen Phone" TAB
    3. Select "Suspend Service" BUTTON
    4. Then, Select Resume/Reactivate Service
    5. Log off your account. Log back in. Reboot your phone.

If above or any other suggestions are not helping with services on an Active account contact CSA for help.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

pm-user1

Okay, I just rebooted my phone as suggested in another thread, and the account is finally awake again! Yay!

MrSpock
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@pm-user1 it's been said before you could try the lost stolen trick or add 1 dollar to account sometimes wakes up the system

pm-user1

Already done. Suspension banner is gone, like I said. Payment shows as having gone through, so manual payment not necessary. Account says it's active. But it's not working yet.

MrSpock
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@pm-user1 

hi there seems to be a lot of that today go into your account to see if it's active or suspended if it is suspended look for a reactivate button autopay does fail sometimes unfortunately  if there are no avaliable fund you may need to make a manual payment  reboot your phone 

Need Help? Let's chat.