cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto pay

grampazz
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I was told by my referral friend that once you signed up for credit card Auto Pay that a $2.00 discount would be applied to your account thus reducing your monthly payments.  Is this an automatic discount as I didn’t see any reference for it when trying to set up my account yesterday?

Thanks for any help in this area.

10 REPLIES 10

Daisydolphin
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you! 

@huyez 

Customers who are on the old rewards system have not been switched over automatically.  The customer had to ask for the new system to be switched.

huyez
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

are previous users still on the old ($2 autopay off) rewards program?

And direct link to all about points

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/Public-Points-Rewards

1 point = $1 but you can redeem only when you collect at least $15.

grampazz

Thank you so much for the information.  Newbie here, so I’m still learning.  Appreciate the input.

BeachNBeer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@grampazz  Correct. Minus the tax. If plan is $15 you'll earn .75 in points each renewal. You get other things like 10 points each year and draws (with using points for new phone). 

You can log into your rewards account at link below to see everything

https://publicmobile.ca/myrewards

Since you're on the $15 plan a suggestion many of us who are on it use is to go buy a $5 add-on for 500 Canada wide minutes. This will stay on your account for as long as it takes for you to use them up. 

Right now you get 100 outgoing call minutes and unlimited incoming. You can text someone to call you or call them for a minute and tell them to call you back to save your going minutes. But the 500 minute add-on is good when you need to make calls. If you use your 100 outgoing minutes than the add-on will kick in until your renewal. Then at renewal you'll start with your 100 outgoing minutes and the add-on will sit in background until it's needed again.

Also calling your voicemail cost minutes. You can save on these minutes by calling your cell number from another phone and when your voicemail message starts to play press * then enter your voicemail password to listen to your voicemail for free saving your minutes. You can also download apps like TEXTNOW where you get another Canadian number that you can make free calls / text to CanadaUSA numbers over wifi. Other's don't need the app just the number. Has voicemail, caller id as well. People on $15 plan (including myself) use this app to check their voicemail for free to save the minutes.

Welcome to Public Mobile!

@grampazz   Yes, 5% in points  of $15 every cycle

If you make other add-on purchase, you will get 5% points as well

You will also get Anniversary bonus point, 10 points at every anniversary date with Pm

Of course, Community reward and Friend Referral reward still here.  But they are all in points.   You can login https://www.publicmobile.ca/myrewards to get more information and keep track of your current points

grampazz

Thanks for the quick response.  What is the 5% Public Points back based on?  I’m just using the $15.00 plan for emergencies only plus peace of mind when away from home.  Is it 5% of my monthly payment less the taxes?  Thank you.

BeachNBeer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@grampazz  Sorry your friend is not up to date with Public Mobile promotions and offers.What your friend is talking about is Public Mobiles old rewards program .

They changed the rewards program to a points system. All new sign-ups starting January 25th 2022 are on the points system and are not entitled to the old regards plan. The points system does NOT offer an auto-pay $2 discount.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@grampazz   Did you just signed up ? 

Sorry, as of Jan 25, 2022, PM started a new rewards system, Public Points, and  there is no longer $2 Autopay discount.  However, you will be getting 5% Public Points back.  Once you cumulated enough points, you can redeem for $15 bill credits

Need Help? Let's chat.