cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto pay stoped working?

Papabear6119
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have three phones hooked up with pubic mobile . For the past 12 months I have had nothing but issues with prices changing , service not working , auto pay not goin through. Could anyone tell me why the prices on all three plans which are 25$ plans with no additional, keep changing and wh my services keep going out of service? Now my auto pay is not working . I never stopped or changed the payment method and I have money in the bank. Man I wish public mobile had customer service phone reps! 

6 REPLIES 6

crustylady
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Papabear6119 wrote:
 Man I wish public mobile had customer service phone reps! 

Well something's going on there.  Ya gotta be able to provide more details...

Curious, no one I know with the service has these problems. 🤔

How would public mobile having 'live' customer service phone reps make a difference, @Papabear6119 ?   Sure, you could yell at them and all, but the endless press this, press that, being put on hold, them having to 'consult' with a supervisor and all get's so old.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Papabear6119 

The differences in the plan amounts being charged to your autopay card is probably due to rewards but if you activated last December then some promotions probably came in to play as well like a free month credit, the $10 bonus referral credit, the double autopay credit if you registered during activation, monthly referral credits if you referred the other 2 accounts you pay for and very recently the start of your first loyalty rewards. So your plan amount of $25 could have varied between free, $7, $8, $9 thru to $13 to begin with and more recently $20 to $23+the applicable taxes.

Autopay has a better chance of failure if the same plan amount or rewards reduced amount is charged to the same card on the same day or consecutive days as your credit card may decline one or all of charges because they appear as fraudulent or if they happen to attempt to charge your card at the exact same time. Staggering renewal dates can help avoid this from happening in the future.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Papabear6119 

you can Remove your credit card and Logout and

i suggest you close all Browser and do clear cache and cookies for any Browser,

and try open one Browser incognito mode,

or try it for a different Browser and open incognito mode,

how to open Browser incognito mode visit Here link,

how to clear cache and cookies and History visit Here link,

and use a Browser from your computer,is better

use Browser microsoft edge or chrome latest version
and just make sure your Browser is up to date update
sometime is the Browser is not update is give a issue.

how to update your Browser visit Here link, 

and Restart your computer, is will help a lot,

and log in and re entered your credit details,

just make sure your credit card number and your address match the same,

sometime your typing but is a one word or letter or number is a wrong or is missing just make sure for it.

How To Update or Remove Your Payment

Follow these steps:

1. sign in to Self-Serve.  Once signed in,

2. click on the ‘Payment’ tab,

then scroll to the bottom of the page and select ‘Manage my card’.

you will have the option to either select ‘Replace this card’, or ‘Remove this card’.

You will need to review and confirm this change to your account,

and go back 

1. Click on Payment

2. Make a Payment

3. one Time Payment 

4. you will see your Amount Due:$$

5. Payment Type: selected other ( Enter the desired payment amount )

6. you will do manually enter Amount:$$ + $1 extra

7. Click ‘Submit’,
9.after payment successful,  you have to do Rebooting your phone
what is meant by rebooting the device turn off and turn it back on.
10. and how much you pay the extra is will going to your account Available funds:$$ has the amount left, and for next bill cycle the will take it from there automatically,

you can try to do some troubleshoot
Spoiler

you can try reseat the SIM card and Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. waiting a 1 minute,

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

and you can try to reset network settings and Changing APN Settings,
for iphone

Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords,

or visit  Here link, 

APN Settings On An IPhone

click Here link, 

How to reset network settings on an Android device
  1. Open the Settings app on your Android.
  2. Scroll to and tap either "General management" or "System," depending on what device you have.
  3. Tap either "Reset" or "Reset options."
  4. Tap the words "Reset network settings."

or visit  Here link,

APN Settings On Android device

click Here link,

Ensure you have the correct APN settings by visit Here link,

Select the brand and model of your phone,

and try manually selecting network "3G ONLY" or WCDMA only,

for iPhone visit Here link 

or Here link 

for android visit Here link ,

and do Rebooting your phone ,This is quick and simple,to refreshing your network,

*what is meant by rebooting the device turn off and turn it back on.

try to check update your device,

if you can't fix it you need to Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agentand Explain your issue to them can solve, they are nice service Team the will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by Submit a Ticket,

Spoiler
  • Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, Click Here link,to get started. Type,, Ticket ,, Click ,, Contact Us ,, Select your issue ,,
    Click here to submit a ticket↗↗.

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by Click Here link,
  • please include in your message,
  • phone number,
  • Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST
    • Note: Public Mobile No Support by phone call or Email.. only by CS_Agentprivate message..

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck...

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Papabear6119   Price didn't change.  did the price change cheaper than $25+tax .  Your plan should always be $25 + tax. But , you might have earned loyalty reward, Community Reward and Friend referral reward and that help to bring down the price.    Or it could also be because you have to manual pay to fix the Autopay issue and hence you might have manually pay a bit more and those extra stayed as Available Fund in the account and that would bring down the price in the following month a bit

You have 3 accounts, all $25?  are all 3 plans renewal on the same day?  If they all renew on the same day and paid by the same credit card, it could be an issue from the Credit Card side.  Credit card might think this are duplicated charge and decline the autopay payment on the 2nd or 3rd account

Even if they are not all renew on the same day, I still suggest you try changing your credit card and another one.

or if you want, open a ticket with PM Support and have them to confirm what was the problem.  Give them all 3 accounts to investigate as it could be a problem with paying all 3 by the same credit card

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Papabear6119 wrote:

I have three phones hooked up with pubic mobile . For the past 12 months I have had nothing but issues with prices changing , service not working , auto pay not goin through. Could anyone tell me why the prices on all three plans which are 25$ plans with no additional, keep changing and wh my services keep going out of service? Now my auto pay is not working . I never stopped or changed the payment method and I have money in the bank. Man I wish public mobile had customer service phone reps! 

@Papabear6119  - oh my, you have a few issues.

1- prices changing?

Okay, do you have screenshots of your payment histories to share (remove any personal info.)

Regarding this do you have refer-a-friends that may have come and gone? This would have affected your payments amounts.

2- services not working?

Are you experiencing service issues on all 3 accounts? When there are service issues, do you reboot your phone, or toggle to airplane mode then back again?

Resetting Network Settings can help refresh the device's network as well.

What models of phones are you using?

Are you checking for outages in the area when services are affected?

Sometimes manually select the 3G / WCDMA ONLY network in your Mobile Connections area in your settings (temporarily) can help with issues.

3- Autopay not going through?

If you are losing services and you are past your renewal date, then unfortunately, autopay may have failed.

You will need to make a manual payment to reactivate services.

If you have Autopay failures, I would let the Customer Support Agents (CSA) know. And, also ensure all rewards were or will be provided to you.

Methods to contact the Customer Support Agents (CSA): https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/contact-a-moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Papabear6119 : Prices don't change. Rewards might. That would then be reflected in your payment card charges.

Autopay does seem to be a weak point around here for some. Many thousands of customers go long periods of time without incident though. You could opt to pre-pay before the renewal so as to avoid your particular bad luck with it. You would still get the $2 reward.

Need Help? Let's chat.