cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto pay failed and suspended my account (not a credit card problem)

kevin_camera
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

This happened to me for the first time.  I was using autopay for the last 8 months or so and suddenly I get the message:

"Public Mobile here.  Sorry your plan did not renew because we did not receive your payment.  Make a payment at publicmobile.ca/selfserve"

My credit card (not expired) was not charged so I went online to try to pay.  Of course, public mobile cut off my internet on my phone (my only form of payment) so I had to find a place with internet to pay payment.

I use my same credit card to pay the difference and my account is reactivated again.  So there aren't any issues with my credit card accepting payments.  Autopayment is still there and not removed, so I'm not really sure what happened.

Has this happened to anyone else before?  The most annoying part is I needed to look for internet to pay for my internet bill.

Kevin

10 REPLIES 10

ale267

Hello,

Those are only gueses.

I had activated pre-authorized payment and my account was suspended by unknown to me reasons. Even when I manually paid it out on spot, PM system accepted money but did not activated my account. When PM failure was restored I was charged again, totaling more than $300 billing... 

My advise to moderators: get back to your Chain of Command and advise on technical DEFFICIENCIES of the PM payment servers have. Make them fix that, then nobody will bother none with such questions. 

Another thing: people are looking in to the topics history and if there is nothing related to their particular matter they POST a question. If it is old and someone gets back on the same, doesn't it mean the issue still persist or they simply can not find the right answer? 

Taekgun
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@willy2

You have posted to a very old thread. In the future, start your own thread under the appropriate category and it will get the exposure and answer to your questions you're looking for.

There's been an issue with auto-pay that has been affecting some accounts, no renewing and then that account going to "suspended" due to lack of payment.  In order to get your service back up and running, ensure you have enough funds available in your account, then send a private message to the moderators using this link: @CS_Agent, provide them with your name, account number and a explanation of what happened and they will get you sorted.

willy2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My plan expired and I have AutoPay 

why?????

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hi @srlawren!

Yup, I have supported it.  I am all for free access to official PM websites.. including the selfserve, store and the community. 

srlawren

@imm1304 this thread in public lab http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Public-Lab/In-lieu-of-an-app-browsing-PM-My-Account-or... is similar to what you are requesting.  Perhaps you'd like to support it with a bravo/up-vote and/or comment that it should ideally be on any traffic originating on a PM SIM, for situations like this, and not just for customers whose service is fully working?  🙂

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

kevin_camera

Thanks for your help!

imm1304

It would be nice to be able to access selfserve from all devices that use a PM sim card free of charge.  

@kevin_camera, I hope that the auto-pay won't give you any problem in the future.  But, for future reference, you can also make a payment using the existing card registered to your account by dialing 611 from your phone.  

Hello @kevin_camera,

I can't confirm whether this was a glitch from the system but we see this happen sometimes. I have scheduled an automatic payment so next time your account will deduct any balance, rewards and then charge the remaining funds from your credit card 🙂

Thank you,

Shazia. 

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

kevin_camera

Hi Shazia,

I am able to use the services now.  My only concern is whether there is something wrong in terms of setup on my end (which means it will happen again).  Or whether this is a glitch on public mobile's system.  If so, I would like to report the problem so we won't run into the problem again.

Thanks for the quick response!

Kevin

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @kevin_camera,

I see that you added the difference in order to activate the plan, are you now able to use the services?

Please confirm,

Shazia. 

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.
Need Help? Let's chat.