cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any way to change the Email tied to the PM account?

Nedly
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I set up my PM account with the same email address that I use for Koodo prepaid, which apparently is a big no-no for some reason.... (it's silly that it causes problems using the same email, but i dont think we're allowed to say that here)

Im assming that's why im having my 2 main problems:

1. When i try to port my Koodo number in the PM self serve, I get " We are experiencing difficulties in processing this request. Please contact Public Mobile for additional assistance". (I've tried every combination of checking the box and entering the number and checking eligibility there is.)

2. From the instant I created my PM account Ive been locked out of my Koodo Self serve. when i try to log in I get "Generic Error. Oh no! It looks like something went wrong, but don’t panic." which funnily enough comes up as a PM error when you google it... I've tried to log from different IPs, devices, and connections but still no luck for 5+ days.

I emailed PM through the contact-us form about porting numbers, but I know they're swamped with tickets, so I'd rather be able to do it myself than add more stuff to their plate.

Any ideas?

9 REPLIES 9

Kaiyo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I did not say its koodo's issue, I was just offering a suggestion you can try to see if it works. 

Nedly

This whole thing has been a disaster, Koodo says it's a PM issue (which it is). The Kool-Aid drinking fanboys who just want to inflate their post count say it's a Koodo issue. Now I guess I have to carry two phones, pay for 2 plans, and wait till the non-existent people in charge of PM to get around to fixing their awful copy+pasted code

Kaiyo

Edit: it does say that.. hmmm

Does your Koodo sim still work? If it does maybe you can contact Koodo and get your account usable, then change the email address on Koodo. Then try porting again.

If your Koodo sim doesn't work then your port is in limbo and you have to wait for public mobile to respond.

Nedly

Yeah, I must be missing it, or blind, because I cant seem to find anywhere in the My Account/self serve PM pages about changing the email connected to the PM account. Edit profile has nothing about email, and there's a section about changing Username, but that explicitly states "Please note that changing your Username will not change the email address on your profile." which kind of defeats the purpose...

Kaiyo

@Nedly wrote:

But as I mentioned in my main post, one of my main problems with this whole thing is i've been locked out of my Koodo account since I signed up for PM in the first place :S

Will just have to wait until the PM website is back up. 

Nedly

But as I mentioned in my main post, one of my main problems with this whole thing is i've been locked out of my Koodo account since I signed up for PM in the first place :S

Kaiyo

@Nedly wrote:

Lol yeah, bad timing on a question like this I guess. I thought I looked everywhere for an option to change the email connected to the account, but Ill have to wait till after maintenance to try again.

I guess it's not a coincedence that the Koodo self serve is down at the same time huh? was hoping it would let me in while the PM database was offline.

You should also be able to change the email address on Koodo's side. But since both are down...

Nedly

Lol yeah, bad timing on a question like this I guess. I thought I looked everywhere for an option to change the email connected to the account, but Ill have to wait till after maintenance to try again.

I guess it's not a coincedence that the Koodo self serve is down at the same time huh? was hoping it would let me in while the PM database was offline.

Kaiyo
You can change it in the My Account page. However it seems like the site in under maintenance right now.

Need Help? Let's chat.