cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any news about changing the billing address?

RomanTheKing
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, the PM team!

I recently moved to AB and I definitely would like to pay less taxes. I searched through the posts and it looks like PM calculates taxes based on the phone number's area code. Is that true and still true? 

I really liked being a PM customer for such a looong time, but I do not want to pay more if I can pay less.

Can somebody confirm that PM does not care about what I have in my profile, and charges depending on the area code? Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5

@RomanTheKing wrote:

The reason I want to change my billing address is that I would be happy to have my number in AB. 

Other than postal code, Public Mobile doesn't ask for any form of billing address.

@RomanTheKing  just to clarify that we are customers like yourself!!

If you are to change as you like. Pick a number in Edmonton or Calgary if you like. They have some newer area codes. 

Your friends my be leery of the calls at first when they see the strange number, but it's your choice 🥳

RomanTheKing
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

The reason I want to change my billing address is that I would be happy to have my number in AB. 

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

@RomanTheKing 

Hello were are fellow Public Mobile customers. 

Yes it's true. No information is verified or checked here!

The taxes are based on your phone's area code yes. So if you don't mind losing your current phone number, you can scroll through the list and put the city and grab what you like.

Once signed into your account, you will find the option on the Profile tab.

eddieO
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@RomanTheKing might be worthwhile to contact a support agent to see if there is something they can do with the address. Changing your phone number is easy through the PM app but if you're like me you might be attached to the number.

Click on the link below to open a ticket through the Chatbot: https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html
(and then type: Customer Support Agent)

Or, if you are having trouble with the Chatbot try sending a private message to: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
(note: you will need to be logged into your Community account for this link to work)

Need Help? Let's chat.