cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ads after calls

toddmatheson
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Whenever I make a call I see an ad afterwards. How do I deactivate that? Also text is supposed to be included in package yet the text app I have also shows ads. How do I get the right text app that is without ads?

5 REPLIES 5

Can you find the About page somewhere in the app? My Samsung dialer does not mention Samsung. TextNow about says TextNow.

Was the phone a used phone when you got it? If so, I would have done a factory reset on it.

Is the operating system original or did somebody root it and put on a different system? If you can run Google Wallet then that might indicate that it's not rooted.

toddmatheson
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Okay I switched to using Messages, sms, now for text which is the default one in my Android Moto 5, I think.

As for the phone app, I have been using the seemingly default, old fashioned phone receiver icon one .

Quigley
Mayor / Maire

@toddmatheson 

Sounds like you're taking about Text Now and not Public.    That's why I don't use Text Now for all those ads and such.

So the right text app to have without any ads popping up, is one that you pay for!

Don't go for the free ones.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Impossible if you are using your phone's native phone and SMS app.

Ads do appear if you use free voip apps (TextNow and similar).

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@toddmatheson , what app are you using as your default calling and text app.  Ads are under your control, Public Mobile does not have any skin in that game so to speak.  

Need Help? Let's chat.