cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Additional Billing Fees/Charges

Mark_Jung
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm looking into swapping providers (currently w/Bell).

I see a plan right now on PM advertised for $40/month for 4.5GB data + unlimited text/calls within Canada. I don't need any international/roaming additions, etc etc.

I already have a phone that works fine (Galaxy S9) so I'm not looking to updgrade.

I need to know if there will be any additional charges per month (aside from the initial purchase of a PM SIM card) that I will be charged. Is there any activiation fees or other costs associated with joining PM, or is it just the SIM + continuing $40 + tax?

If there's nothing additional, then it's actually cheaper on a per month basis for me to pay the cancelation fee w/Bell and switch to PM, then it would be per month to continue w/Bell and ride out my contract.

Thanks for the help!

5 REPLIES 5

Lar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Mark_Jung   I know it's a bit of a shock coming from Bell and not seeing any "extra" charges but there are none.  I was thinking the same as you before I moved from Bell because there were always those hidden, unmentioned charges when the bill came.  Enjoy Public Mobile. Cheers

Mkust83
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My husband and I just switched over and it was so easy. We got our sim cards from Walmart an they didn't even charge for them and they were activated ready to go for us.  We were able to also port our numbers over from Rogers so our numbers didn't even have to change!

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Mark_Jung wrote:

I'm looking into swapping providers (currently w/Bell).

I see a plan right now on PM advertised for $40/month for 4.5GB data + unlimited text/calls within Canada. I don't need any international/roaming additions, etc etc.

I already have a phone that works fine (Galaxy S9) so I'm not looking to updgrade.

I need to know if there will be any additional charges per month (aside from the initial purchase of a PM SIM card) that I will be charged. Is there any activiation fees or other costs associated with joining PM, or is it just the SIM + continuing $40 + tax?

@Mark_Jung  No additional fees ever. Public Mobile is strictly a prepaid provider so they never will charge you any additional fees. Smiley Happy

If there's nothing additional, then it's actually cheaper on a per month basis for me to pay the cancelation fee w/Bell and switch to PM, then it would be per month to continue w/Bell and ride out my contract.

Public Mobile will save you money. If you go to a Walmart and activate you sim card they will more than likely waive the SIM card fee. Also if you signup for AutoPay you will get a $2.00 credit every 30 days so your cost will come down to $38 plus tax. Also if you provide a referral code during activation you will get an additional $10 credit (one-time).

Note: If you activate your sim at WalMart best to just pick a temporary number. Once everything works to your satisfaction and you have setup you selfserve account then you can use the "change phone number" option and port your number in from Bell.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for the help!

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

Adding to @Anonymous , @Mark_Jung  there are also no overage charges. You data will jus t stop working. Before doing this, if you had one of those free phone term plans?  Then I would confirm the cost of early cancellation with Bell.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mark_Jung 

No extra charges or fees. Some retailers might get up to shenanigans but that's not on Public Mobile. Some retailers might give you the SIM if you activate there but that's also not Public Mobile.

Need Help? Let's chat.