cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding a friend

Theovdh
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Had a friend phone on my account last year. That friend account was terminated last year. That friend now has a new phone and sim card. How do I add this friend to my account as that previous friend account information is preventing me adding a friend?

7 REPLIES 7

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

At PM only one email address can have one PM account.

You can refer friend but you cannot have 2 phone numbers on one account. Each client has to have separate accounts.

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Theovdh wrote:

Had a friend phone on my account last year. That friend account was terminated last year. That friend now has a new phone and sim card. How do I add this friend to my account as that previous friend account information is preventing me adding a friend?

Just let your friend add your referral code as normal referral. You dont add anything. 

Once your friend get the number and plan, if you dont see it under your referrals, then contact support agents via chatbot or direct msg to CS_Agent to get it fixed.

Agree @Camera4617 , kinda unclear. 

@Theovdh ,  could it also be you're talking about adding your friend as a contact at their new number?

If this is the case, open Contacts,  then edit their contact under your contact list, adding their new phone number.

If you can't 'edit', delete the contact and re-enter as a new contact.

Camera4617
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I've read OP post 4 times and still didn't figure out the issue. Not sure if he's asking about referral or having an issue about adding new account with previously used email or something else.. 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Theovdh   Since your friend's old account was already terminated last year, so, he will join again this time as a net new account.  

So, just give him your friend referral code and enjoy $1 off per month 🙂

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Theovdh 

It's not entirely clear, however it appears you may be referring to the refer a friend program?

Your friend will have to enter your referral code found on your self-serve landing page during their activation process to activate their SIM card.

You'll find your referral code here on your self-serve account:

HALIMACS_0-1644454272829.png

VIP_Tech
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi @Theovdh 

Edit: your refer code give to your friend and your friend send Private Messages to Customer Support Agent

will be Add.

CSA Hours Of Operation (publicmobile.ca)

Verify your identity (publicmobile.ca)

Need Help? Let's chat.