cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add ons is the way to go

ohitora
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I think that with PM add ons is the only way to go because they do roll over and never expire until they are used up.——— For example if one selects the least expensive $10 plan for only an extra $8 will get you 200 additional long distance voice minutes that do roll over until they are used up. The same for data add ons etc. It’s clear to me that PM is the best deal and hope that Telus doesn’t eventually kill it. 

6 REPLIES 6

ute1978
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ShawnC13 wrote:

Yes there is a $10 plan.  It is 50 out going texts(unlimited incoming) and 50 minutes of calling for $10.  https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/plans/10for50talk50text

Oops, my bet. It's new. Thanks for clarifying.

@ute1978 wrote:

@ohitora wrote:

I think that with PM add ons is the only way to go because they do roll over and never expire until they are used up.——— For example if one selects the least expensive $10 plan for only an extra $8 will get you 200 additional long distance voice minutes that do roll over until they are used up. The same for data add ons etc. It’s clear to me that PM is the best deal and hope that Telus doesn’t eventually kill it. 

There is no "least expensive $10 plan". That would be a 30 day no talk - no text - no data plan.

This combination is not possible. Because for a SIM to be activated you need at least one service. And for the long distance add on you need a talk plan, otherwise you cannot talk....

Yes there is a $10 plan.  It is 50 out going texts(unlimited incoming) and 50 minutes of calling for $10.  https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/plans/10for50talk50text

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

ute1978

@ohitora wrote:

There is no "least expensive $10 plan". That would be a 30 day no talk - no text - no data plan.

This combination is not possible. Because for a SIM to be activated you need at least one service. And for the long distance add on you need a talk plan, otherwise you cannot talk....

closng

@ohitora wrote:

The secret is out!!!

Orz
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Add-on is a great deal on air time but not so much on data. For data add-on it works best if one has very very low usage like <250mb a month and/or one has irregular usage pattern.

I personally hope PM offers txt msg addon as I'm on the $20 unlimited talk plan that has no txt. I don't usually sends txt msg but buying add-on "just in case" gives me peace of mind. 

cmatassa
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I agree that they can be good, but it would also depend on your usage.  For someone that uses lots of data, it would be better to just get a regular plan (like the 40$ for 4gb).  The add-on for data is 30$ for 1gb.  I've just finished up my first month with Public Mobile, and I hope the company lasts for a long time since I'm loving it so far.

Need Help? Let's chat.