cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add on

B_R
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I can't seem to log in to my self serve account, I pass authentication but it gives me a 404 error. For a couple of weeks now I have also not been able to get to the add-ons page of my account. 

7 REPLIES 7

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Korth 

It's too bad telus doesn't put into practice what they preach or sell....what does it say about your product when you don't use it in your own platforms? You would think telus would want their own business to act as their sales model.

"Even our third tier prepaid no frills provider Public Mobile's customers enjoy practical, efficient and intuitive self serve accounts to manage their mobile services. An engaged and diverse volunteer community collectively helps customers learn self management, troubleshoot and resolve issues alongside our team of customer support agents that handle back end account requests to keep costs lows keeping both our customers and the bottom line happy allowing for maximum profitability without sacrificing quality of service."

Instead telus gave us 🐖+💄=🐽💋🐷!!

@esjliv wrote:

I do find it a shame that cookies and cache issues are so much a consistent issue with public mobile. I've never had to clear cache or cookies or use incognito for banking or credit card, other cell phone provider's sites, etc. with regards to login issues, so why has there mostly been (in my time here) this issue with public mobile?

Financial institutions and government sites employ skilled technical people to keep their websites maintained and updated on a continuing basis. They understand that bugs and issues are actually potential security vulnerabilities, they vigilantly fix small problems (even trivial problems) to mitigate the risk of them becoming big problems. Failures and exploits can cost a lot of money and embarrassment - especially when they become public knowledge.

Public Mobile gets whatever resources Telus budgets for them. Telus has always had good hardware and Telus has always had bad software - they misconfigure their consumer appliances, they offer sloppy rebranded junkware to their customers, their websites always appear decades behind the curve. No wonder their billing system is so clunky. All made a little worse at Public Mobile since the DIY subscribers actually get firsthand exposure to how awful things are, there's no smiling salesperson at a counter to hide the ugly slow broken kludgy things behind a curtain.

It's kind of puzzling, since Telus invests so heavily into software technologies - machine learning, data science, data brokering, validated consumer psychographics, complex statistical market analysis, etc. The Telus communications network pays the bills but the (still emerging) Telus information market is the big money maker.

So they obviously employ a lot of smart experts in these fields. They just don't employ "lowly" webmasters who can competently handle their routine webscript stuff - they're constantly trying to replace human labour with "digital solutions" and automation, starting from (what they perceive as) the bottom and working up.

Take a look at their careers section, see what sorts of products and projects they sell, see what sorts of tech people they hire, see what sorts of tech people they do not hire. They evidently outsource basic functions to companies like Lithium/Khoros and Enea/Openwave and Ada instead of doing things in-house (and look at how "awesome" all these products are, lol.) So they probably outsource basic web maintenance as well. Always looking for "fire and forget" automated systems they can pay somebody to setup for them then walk away from.

https://www.telusinternational.com/solutions/ai-data-solutions

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@JL9 wrote:

incognito mode will sometimes resolve this issue.

@Timer  @JL9 agreed.

@B_R 

After opening a tab in incognito mode, go to the public mobile or community site, and click on the top right "Sign In" area to log into either My Account or My Rewards:

esjliv_0-1658675192820.png

I do find it a shame that cookies and cache issues are so much a consistent issue with public mobile. I've never had to clear cache or cookies or use incognito for banking or credit card, other cell phone provider's sites, etc. with regards to login issues, so why has there mostly been (in my time here) this issue with public mobile?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@B_R 

Try the following....

1. Clear your browser.
  2. Reboot your device.
  3. Open one tab only.
  4. Use secret/incognito mode.
  5. Chrome, Firefox, safari or Microsoft Edge work best but the new self serve seems to prefer chrome. 
  6. Use a completely different device if needed.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

incognito mode will sometimes resolve this issue.

Korth
Mayor / Maire

You might be able to get your things done with the 611 (or *611) IVR number.

404 is a server or network error. But it could be your browser. Self-Serve might work for you on a different browser or a different computer.

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@B_R 

tried use browser from computer,and clear cache and cookies and use one page inPrivate mode,

To Login Page

you will get verification code by email or SMS
and inserting the 6 digit number and not press anything
just wait a 5 second automatically be login,,

Need Help? Let's chat.