cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add on questions

DaveG1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

In September I want to buy the $20 10 day US talk plus data add on. 

I have a number of questions:

1) I have Autopay. Do I have to manually add $20 somehow to my account or will Autopay take care of that? If so how do I do that?

2) When I am in the US what do I get for the $20? I’m on the $35 plan so right now I get unlimited calling in Canada, unlimited texting in North America, and 2.5 gig of 3G data. Do I get unlimited calling within the US? Can I call Canada – which will all be long distance - without extra charges? Are incoming call or texts different than outgoing ones?

4 REPLIES 4

@DaveG1 wrote:

But what phone voice services to I get for the $20/10 days?  Can I call local and long distance US numbers without extra charge?  Can I call Canada?

@DaveG1   Yes, that is included int he Bundle.  Calling US and Canada and texting to US and Canada

All all stars line up correct, PM might have VoLTE by then (some people said CS Agent said that).  If it is true, then voice would have no problem.  If it is still on 3G , then really depends

But get a VoIP app like Fongo or TextNow as a backup.  In case you don't have voice, people can reach you in your VoIP number  (you can use that as long as you have Mobile Data or Wifi)

DaveG1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks for the help and I think that I get a lot of it starting with I manually pay the $20 a day before I leave to give me the ten days in the US (or at least most of it). I'd still receive texts even without the Add-On but for 10 days in the States I can send them. 

I'm still not sure about voice.  I'm going to assume that the PM 3G works in the NY/Washington DC area or none of this matters.  But what phone voice services to I get for the $20/10 days?  Can I call local and long distance US numbers without extra charge?  Can I call Canada?

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

1. Autopay does not cover buying add-ons. It's only for renewals.

2. You actually have unlimited texting to and from anywhere in the world - while in Canada. No you need roaming add-ons to have talk in the US. You can actually receive texts without an add-on.

Be aware though that talk is very much in flux right now in the states. AT&T are well on their way to shutting down 3G talk that Public uses. T-Mobile very soon in July. So in September there may very well be no use for our talk in the states. But maybe Public will bring in VoLTE and make agreements with those roaming partners to use theirs when roaming.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@DaveG1   First those plans ($50 / $60/ $70)  with Unlimited calling for US and Canada are for calling from Canada to US.  They are not for used when you are in US

You do need to buy roaming add-ons to use the service in US.   All plan can buy US roaming.  No other requirement

Buying addon is a 2 steps process

1. Load fund manually (Autopay won't be used for that)

2. go back and buy after funds are loaded

All US roaming has 10 days expiry and it starts counting when you complete the transaction.  So, you buy when you are really close to going on the trip

When you are in US, you change your network to manually select either T-Mobile or AT&T

BTW, how many days you are going?  if you are there long or expect to use a lot of data, do not get roaming package.  Get the local prepaid data.  Cheaper and give you more data.  (but would need to do some workaround for voice calls, and could have some problem with text/SMS)

Need Help? Let's chat.