cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add-on for US bought ,how to activate when in the US?

ZandreBKY
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Travelling to the US tomorrow for a week, bought add-on($30) for calls and Data. 

Just want to know what I need to do when I get to the US.

Help needed.

should I just go to the mobile networks  ,network  mode (5G/LTE/WCDMA//GSM) after turning on Data Roaming.

Thanks 

6 REPLIES 6

The roaming setting is just for data. If your network is set to automatic then it will connect to whatever it can find...as soon as you are in range of a US tower.
And to anticipate a possible question, no, there are no extra charges.

ZandreBKY
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

When I change to roaming will it change to T-Mobile automatically ?

or do i need to do it manually.

@Chalupa_Batman- With the return of AT&T I would keep automatic for going in and out of each others coverage so as to maximize connectivity (with volte).

5G texting, data - T-Mobile
LTE texting, data - T-Mobile, AT&T
With volte - LTE - T-Mobile, AT&T
Without volte - GSM - T-Mobile
GSM texting - T-Mobile

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

I hate to say it but... I'm the opposite of my buddy @dust2dust . I turn automatic off and choose T-Mobile as your option then reboot the phone. I would also suggest bookmarking this site and log in via your cell phone in case you have any issues and you need help. Of course you'd need to be connected to WiFi but eh, someone is usually here and awake.....  ok... here. The awake is another thread conversation. 

Enjoy your trip to the US. 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

I would suggest choosing the one that starts with LTE from that list.
Leave the network on automatic.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@ZandreBKY  It starts immediately after  it’s purchased and goes for 15 days . Best to buy right before you head off to the US . Just make sure your connected to T mobile when you get to the US and have data roaming turned on 

Need Help? Let's chat.