cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add On purchases - Data

CGR563
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I need data during a vacation. Normally I do not need data. When I purchase the $15 for 1GB data Add On,  is that a one time purchase for the billing cycle period, or is it a recurring charge, which would mean I would need to cancel it in the next month?

7 REPLIES 7

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@CGR563   Sorry, but I missed your reference to needing the data for an upcoming vacation.  Where are you vacationing?  If within Canada, then purchasing the extra domestic data will work nationwide or wherever Telus/Bell have towers.  

PM also offers roaming options for the US although because American carriers have recently shut down their 3G networks, talk roaming has become bit of a hit or miss scenario.  Data and text roaming are supposed to be unaffected by this although YMMV even for that.

For vacations anywhere outside of Canada/US, unfortunately, PM doesn't offer any roaming options so you may have to look into getting a local SIM or getting by with WIFI apps like Whatsapp, Skype.  Textnow is another popular recommendation to download to receive free calls/texts over WIFI.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@CGR563 

Which plan are you on? The $15 plan? If you are normally a low data user which you probably are then the $15/1gb data add-on will suffice and roll over every month until completely consumed.

However if for some reason you think you need more data than 1 GB and you are not on a grandfathered legacy plan or a plan with a specific promotion tied to it you can also schedule a change plan on next renewal to a higher data plan for the month and then schedule another change plan on next renewal back to your current plan if the dates of your vacation work out well with your renewal.

This is only good if you need more than 1 GB of data for example the $40 plan with 5 GB of data is only $15 more than the $25 plan with 1GB of data. Thus giving you 4GB of data for the same price as a 1 GB data add on. Just an FYI so you know all of your options. Enjoy your vacation!

It's a very good redeeming feature of this place. The only other place that does this is Koodo. Everybody else (big 3) ends add-ons at renewal or even automatically renews them.

CGR563
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for the answer.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@CGR563   It's an one time purchase and will stay on your account until depleted (doesn't expire).

Meow
Mayor / Maire

It is one time purchase and it will stay on your account until you completely use it. There is no time limit to use it...

Need Help? Let's chat.