cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add On Not Working

vatsal17
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I purchased an add on for $15 (US Roaming+500MB) . I am on a $30 monthly plan. But the add on is not working .

6 REPLIES 6

missorange
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

you could not use US add on within canada. Not sure if public mobile can give you some goodwill credit, you can give a try.

@vatsal17 

Generally speaking, since Public mobile is prepaid, there are no refunds.  However, you can try to contact moderator to see whether they can help you out. Explain your situation and ask nicely and hopefully, they can help. YMMV.  No guarantees.

Send a private message to moderator through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

vatsal17
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Actually that add-on plan was purchased by mistake . I am in Canada right now and wont be going anywhere. So , my doubt is whether the plan that i purchased is supported here or not?Or is there any other way i could get a credit because i am unable to use that service . 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@vatsal17 

Purchase add-on is a 2 steps process.

1.  Add $15 to your account.

2.  Purchase the US Roaming 500MB data

3.  Confirm the add-on is on your self-serve account.

4.  After you arrive at your destination, restart your phone.  You phone may connect to AT&T or T-Mobile network.  The restart will also ensure that your APN is correct for the connected network.

If you still cannot get any data, try the lost/stolen phone trick to re-provison your add-on.

1. Login to your self-serve account.
2. Report your phone lost/stolen using [Plan and Add-Ons] --> [Lost/Stolen Phone]
3. Logoff
4. Wait 5 minutes and login again
5. Report your phone found.
6. Re-start you phone to provision your account again. i.e. enable all features of you plan again.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@vatsal17 wrote:

I purchased an add on for $15 (US Roaming+500MB) . I am on a $30 monthly plan. But the add on is not working .

@vatsal17  Are you in the USA right now? Are you connected to T-Mobile/At&T and enable roaming on your phone?

Are you sure you actually purchased the add-on or is the $15 still sitting in your available funds. Please check your account to make sure the add-on is active

Alex888
Mayor / Maire

Try restarting your phone. And check your account to make sure it shows the addon. You have to have funds in your account before you add it or it won't work.

Need Help? Let's chat.