cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation issues+......help

SOS
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Activated sim 11jan2017 but got an oops error message. Requested to email pm. Every attempt to contact pm has failed. Please note that I am new to this process. Also note that I am porting a bell land line to pm.

pm emails me 12jan2017 stating my pin is registered and self serve account successfully created. However, I cannot get into my self serve account. It fails every time.

are these issues a result of an Uncompleted porting process or is there more going on?

how long does it take to port a bell land line to pm?

please note that I inserted my SIM card ~48 hrs after activation. Cell phone states that I am with pm however when I try to talk I get a voice message from pm stating that I have no talk in my plan.

there really needs to be an easier way to communicate to pm when issues arise.

looking forward to using pm once the wrinkles are ironed out.

SOS

8 REPLIES 8

Saray_O
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @SOS

I just replied to your private message 😄 

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

@SOS wrote:

Thank you Saray_O.

I look forward to using PM.

You suggest I create a new self serve account. Can I use my same email address? If I use upper case for the pass word, is that acceptable?

Cheers!

SOS

Yes you may.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

SOS
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you Saray_O.

I look forward to using PM.

You suggest I create a new self serve account. Can I use my same email address? If I use upper case for the pass word, is that acceptable?

Cheers!

SOS

Saray_O

@srlawren Hahaha 😛 

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Saray_O to the rescue!  Thanks Saray!  I was thinking it sounded like a draft activation issue but didn't want to sound silly if I was out to lunch.  🙂

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Saray_O

Hi @SOS

It seems that your port was stuck because your account stayed in "draft" mode after activation. I apologize for that! The good news is that I called our port team and they were able to resubmit it for you. Since the number you're porting is a landline, it will take about 2 business days for the port to complete. 

If you have any other questions, feel free to send me a message 🙂 

**Edit: Oh also! Once the port is complete, you should go ahead and try creating a new Self Serve account. 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@SOS okay so two things....

1) porting from a landline can take several days, but

2) it sounds like you have an activation issue indeed.  I'm thinking all the symptoms you have mentioned stem from this issue.  And in fact, an incomplete activation may have caused the port to fail if indeed it has attempted to process.

I'm tagging community moderator (PM Support employee) @Saray_O in hopes she can connect with you today.  In the meantime, can I suggest that you send her a private message (click on her name highlighted in this paragraph to get to her page, then on the right hand side click on Send this user a private message) with the following info:

- your Public Mobile SIM Card number

- your Bell land line number

- your Bell account number

- the info you provided in your post here, with the issues.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

MoreYummy
Mayor / Maire

To begin with, since you cant log in.  Are you able to reset password using Forgot Password section in the log in page?   That way you can at least log into your account and see what plan and feature you have.  

Are you able to use data, text, or everything isnt working?  Depends on what plan you are on, some number will give you that message.  

Are you able to receive call as well if someone called your old number? 

This form is the best way to contact PM official support if it needs help from PM support, or some simple basic issue, forum member can give you help as well.

Need Help? Let's chat.