cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation issue

Dreamers2020
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So hmm interesting process. I bought a SIM card, created an activation profile with all info including the sim card number and credit card then paid for it. Waited and waited and waited and finally an error code "Generic error Please login". I do that using all the information I originally provided. No such account exists. I tried to re-enter my SIM card number - "Already used". I checked my credit card and yes indeed Public mobile took the payment.

How do we resolve this?

22 REPLIES 22

@brow7  It appears that the PM activation servers are overloaded. Maybe try again later tonight.

Restart your computer, clear your browser's cache. Use chrome or Edge and make sure JavaScript and cookies are enabled and try the activation again using incognito mode.

brow7
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

having the same issue!!!
ordered 2 sim cards and cant' get past the last activation page !!!

what is happening?

Dreamers2020

Agreed. I just sent them a message.

@Dreamers2020 wrote:

Except in order to get to the payment page and have the payment taken by Public - I had the create a self serve account, which I did and now my account doesn't exist

@Dreamers2020  Your account did not get provisioned properly. Only the Moderator Team will be able to help you at this point.

Dreamers2020

Yes. II just sent them a message

Dreamers2020

Nope. The phone is golden ex-Public mobile user.

@Dreamers2020 are you porting your number? If yes, what type of phone,  ie cell or land line. And when was it initiated. Thanks. 

@Dreamers2020 your best bet might be to contact the moderators. does it still give you the same login error when logging in incognito mode or private mode?

Dreamers2020

Except in order to get to the payment page and have the payment taken by Public - I had the create a self serve account, which I did and now my account doesn't exist

Dreamers2020

Nope. This phone is unlocked and works on the Telus network.

@Dreamers2020 

If your credit card was charged your sim was activated.

Please try to get hold of a phone that can work on Telus

You can get moderators help to finish creating selfserve https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

Still I suggest you try another phone as I suspect it may be locked with the previous provider and you will have to deal with that anyways. You could give them a call and ask them to unlock it while you are waiting for moderator response. Once you can use the phone it's easy to create your selfserve

@Dreamers2020 often when last sleep fails it is creation of your selfserve account, to create it you will need working phone. Your phone may be locked to previous provider

Hi @Dreamers2020 

Can you please try in another phone that's confirmed working on Telus network

Dreamers2020

I can't login, the service claims my account doesn't exist

@Dreamers2020 wrote:

Nope, no service

@Dreamers2020  If that is the case then wait for about an hour for the session lock to clear and try the activation again. If you don't get an invalid sim error it means the card wasn't activated so give it another try.

If you are still getting an error you need to submit a ticket for help.

Dreamers2020

I inserted the SIM, no service. I re-started with the SIM inserted no service. I still can't get into the profile I created.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Dreamers2020  try logging into your self service account. And insert your SIM into your phone. Welcome to PM.  Stay safe. 

Dreamers2020

Nope, no service

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Dreamers2020 wrote:

So hmm interesting process. I bought a SIM card, created an activation profile with all info including the sim card number and credit card then paid for it. Waited and waited and waited and finally an error code "Generic error Please login". I do that using all the information I originally provided. No such account exists. I tried to re-enter my SIM card number - "Already used". I checked my credit card and yes indeed Public mobile took the payment.

How do we resolve this?

@Dreamers2020 Test the sim in your phone to see if it connects to Public's network. If yes, dial *611 to find out if your plan is active. If yes, then click here to register your selfserve account.

If your sim does not connect to the network then you need to submit a ticket to PM for help.

To submit a ticket to the Moderator Team, please start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon by clicking  here or the icon (bottom right of your screen).

s.JPG

If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Dreamers2020 

Please insert the sim in your phone and restart

Is it working?

It is very important to restart, also would be useful to try it on different phone, make sure that phone is unlocked and can be used on Telus network.

I have noticed when the last step fails it's usually the self-serve account that fails to activate, you may have to do it separately here https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/ 

Welcome to Public Mobile

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Dreamers2020 wrote:

How do we resolve this?

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@Dreamers2020 Hi have you installed your Sim card in your phone do you have service?

Need Help? Let's chat.