cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activating and porting a number for the wife

Ontariodude
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,
I would like to get my wife onto the Public Mobile service from Rogers. I have read a few threads regarding a seamless transfer and eventually full-service with a ported number. She uses her phone for business and personal use and therefore I can not screw up in getting her service transferred. Today she received her PM SIM and we have already installed the PM app on her phone.
Would you guys suggest getting her activation completed tonight and then moving on with the porting tomorrow?
Not sure if CSA's are available after 8 pm?
Any advice would greatly be appreciated. Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2

kotian-a
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey @Ontariodude

I just transferred from Rogers to Public Mobile and the transfer is pretty much seamless. After paying and responding to the port confirmation text from Rogers, it immediately activates your Public Mobile SIM, so there shouldn't be any problems there.

Only problem I had was that the data wasn't working initially, so I had to reset the APNs (article for reference, https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/set-up-data-on-an-android-phone#:~:text=Name%3A%...) from the default ones on the SIM. 

It'd be best to do it during business hours though so a CSA could help you with porting if it's necessary.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Ontariodude 

she could activate a new account and take a new number for the time being. Once she's happy with the service she can initiate porting from previous network.

Need Help? Let's chat.